3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Simmons Sharks  (Read 235 times)

Offline Klent G. Johnston

• Trad Bowhunter
New Simmons Sharks
« on: January 11, 2014, 08:56:00 AM »
I am wonder if any of you have used the newer Simmons Sharks with the new designed bleeder blades. I love Bear Razorhead with bleeder. Wondering about you all's success or not with the Simmons as a 4 blade. I killed a nice hog with Tigershark as a two blade. Will the bleeder make the Simmons better or worse for hogs and deer? Thanks.

Klent

Offline KeganM

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Simmons Sharks
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 12:00:00 PM »
Klent, I've only killed a few deer with the two blades (three with a Tree shark, one with a Tiger). I remember reading on another forum where Dave Oligee didn't recommend the bleeders, as he didn't believe they helped nearly as much as the design as a two blade. Given the cuts these things put in critters on their as they are, I can understand where he's coming from, but so many people have such success with 4 blade heads I don't see why it wouldn't be worth a try.

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 12:36:00 PM »
I agree with KeganM, that I think there is minimal benefit to the bleeders.  You could always give Dave Oligee a call.  He is always happy to talk to customers.  Hope all is well, Klent.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 01:21:00 PM »
Pdk25, I know you have success with the Simmons heads. Are you using the Interceptor or Safari? What  guides your choice in your selection? I am doing well, thanks; hope you are too.

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 01:30:00 PM »
I'm not sure,but I think the biggest head you can get with a bleeder is the Tiger Shark. I managed to get the Tree Shark to work for me. Dave the owner stated to me that he likes the Tree Sharks over the Interceptors because of the length. I got my first hog about two weeks ago and shot a doe through both lungs that only ran 30 yards last night. If you make a good shot with the Tree Sharks they are going to go down quick.

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 08:16:00 PM »
Hey Klent, I think they are both great heads.  A lot of the time it is simply which weight head that I want to use. For screw in, I use mostly either the tiger shark or safari.  For some reason, I can get the Safari just a touch sharper and I think it makes a slightly larger hole, but both are great heads.  I haven't used the treeshark much, but I may do that during hunting season.  That might cut one in half.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 07:02:00 AM »
Thanks.

Offline Robert Armstrong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 05:14:00 PM »
Just bought some new intercepters befor this season started and they came with bleeder blades. They bent and came out on a 3d target. Hunted with just the 2 blades as always and got pass throughs and great blood trails. Love them big old 2 blades.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©