3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tried FMJ's today. WOW!!!  (Read 196 times)

Offline mellonhead

• Trad Bowhunter
Tried FMJ's today. WOW!!!
« on: January 11, 2014, 01:21:00 PM »
I bought a couple Easton 400 spine FMJ's the other day to try.   I finally got a chance to tune them up this morning.  I ended up with them cut to 29" with 200 grain points plus the aluminum insert.  They are bare shafting great and shooting bullet holes through paper.  I am very impressed.  To say they are flying like darts is an understatment.  I'm shooting these through a Hoyt Buffalo that is 55@28 and my draw is 27.5".

Toby

Offline hybridbow hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tried FMJ's today. WOW!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 01:28:00 PM »
Good product but if you stump a lot they will flex and loose a lot their staightness.
La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile.

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 01:29:00 PM »
Plus you will be very close to 10 gpp...I am actually doing things the other way round right now...I am having a bow built to shoot 400 spine FMJ

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »
I'm waiting for some I ordered to try.  Hoping my experience is going to be as great as everyone else's.
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 04:57:00 PM »
To say wow is an understatement.

I bought a set of 12 off the classifieds.500s cut to 29 1/2 which is perfect for me. tied on some woodsmans and tested them with my EagleWing Steppe Eagle Prototype at 52 lb.

With a true 28 1/2 in draw they sizzle and I see nothing but nock going away when I can even see that. They are tackdrivers with absolutely no adjustments necessary and that is with a 52 lb bow and 500s. I am really impressed with these arrows except I do believe I will add an aluminum footing just in case I hit bone and for stumping. I did get to shorten a couple after stumping.

God bless, Steve

Online chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 05:59:00 PM »
Toby- what is the total weight of your arrow with the head etc ?  Thanks.
"Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline mellonhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 06:03:00 PM »
540 grains.  29" shaft, 7" wrap, 3 5" shields, 16 grain aluminum insert and a 200 grain field point.

Toby

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 07:57:00 PM »
Amen to FMJ I had some tuning issues with them at first cause easton was showing 400 spine but too stiff with my weight forward setup but I have a home run now with the 500 spine they fly like darts NO DOUBT!! Can't wait for turkeys in the spring
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©