3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Best bow you ever owned & what happened to it  (Read 2094 times)

Re: Best bow you ever owned & what happened to it
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »
The best bow I ever owned is my Sarrels Blueridge takedown longbow. I told Bob a while back he screwed up by making me that bow. I was buying at least a bow a year from him until I bought that one and have not bought another since. It has taken more critters than all the other bows I have ever owned, I think! It will be mine till it breaks and if it does not, they will have to pry it from my cold, dead hands!

Bisch

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »
Savage River Appalachian Archery, Dave Guthrie and still have it alittle long in the tooth and not as fast as my others but best shooting bow I've found(wish I could get new limbs ff safe)  
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 03:51:00 PM »
As far as I know I still own the best ones I've owned.

I do miss but don't regret selling or trading a few including: Fox High Sierra, Blacktail Snakebit, Robertson Fatal Styk Z, Bear Supreme TD A Riser.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »
1966 52# Browning Explorer.  

Been hanging on my rack since the deer season before last; when she honored herself with a nice eight-point.

I may be pulling her out for a 3-D shoot this weekend.  Quiet, fast and good looking (to me) in solid rosewood or sheuda(?) and she puts them where I'm looking.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
Robertson Mystical, 66", 55#@28"...sold it a few years back to get my ex-wife something or other.   :knothead:
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
Not sure it was the best bow I've owned but I sure did like it.  It was a low end longbow, Viper Deluxe.  I donated it to the troops so they could have an archery range on their base.  As far as I know it's in Iraq still....

-Jeremy  :coffee:
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 04:25:00 PM »
Bighorn, one of the early flat limb bed models. 62" and around 57@29. Sold it to Lamont at The Footed Shaft in 95. I would love to have that one back!

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 05:28:00 PM »
I think I just got it, took delivery on a one-piece Blacktail a few weeks ago.  Believe me, this one's not going anywhere and you guys are freaking me out with broken bow stories!

Offline cyred4d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 05:39:00 PM »
Mine would be my 62 inch 50 lb blacktail. Been shooting that one for several years now.

Offline swamper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 05:46:00 PM »
Elk Horn riser zipper I have now.Never had a bow draw so smooth,65lbs,curly maple limbs.

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 06:35:00 PM »
Mine is a Black Widow PCH-X.  Love it.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 06:47:00 PM »
I have had 3 favorites that have been especially significant to me. Two are Hill bows, a Wesley Special and a Cheetah, that I still have. The other was a Bamboo Longhunter, which I shot better than any bow I have ever had. Unfortunately, I stupidly traded it away a long time ago.
Sam

Offline jeff w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »
I had an Elburg Condor that I really loved.  When I bought it, it was @  56#'s, probably closer to 59-60#'s at my draw length.  I sold it when I decided to lighten my bow weight.

Offline tradgreenhorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 07:09:00 PM »
Zipper sxt

Offline Bart S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2014, 07:15:00 PM »
64" 60 pound TD Blacktail. Just shot it this morning.
64" TD Blacktail Elite, 60# @ 29"
64" Liberty longbow, 63# @ 29"

Offline delongbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2014, 07:26:00 PM »
Mine is a Tim Meigs bamboo Hill style with a Papa Gene grip. I got it in a trade a while back and is the one bow that will absolutely never leave my rack. It was built when I was still in grade school....but fits like it was made for me.
Dave

Offline vhntr 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2014, 07:29:00 PM »
48# 60 in Assenhimer all bocote love the bow ,it was the second bow Don built for me and took my first whitetail with it .

Offline Tradcat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2014, 07:31:00 PM »
Great Northern Bushbow 62" 55#@27"....all I can say is the arrow GOES where you're looking. I still can't understand why Jerry Brumm discontinued the Critter Gitter model....Hands Down The BEST Longbow that he made...fast, quiet & very,very accurate ! Hey Jerry...if you're reading this, PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE bring back the Critter Gitter !!! I'd buy one RIGHT NOW if you would....

Offline Motty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »
The best bow I've owned was an older Bob Lee Hunter. 19" riser 55# plain jane but solid as a rock and silky smooth. Sold it to try something else better looking and different style. 3 bows later I still regret it. Take it from me if you have a bow that feels good, put it away! Buy and sell all you want but don't make my mistake. Now I have to save up and get another Lee.

Offline Babbling Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2014, 08:10:00 PM »
Maybe not the best, but the best looking bow as far as ornate wood I had was a 1963 Bear Tamerlane I bought new in January of that year.  It was in the trunk of my 1957 Ford when the car was totaled three years later. Don't have a use for a target only type bow now, but I wished I had it back.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©