3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What are we the most passionate about?  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: What are we the most passionate about?
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 11:04:00 PM »
I'm passionate about killing my first trad deer in the fall with my omega delta longbow I just purchased! I'm passionate about the preparation and the "journey" to get in the tree stand and make it happen!

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 11:10:00 PM »
just passionate about it if i can make it myself or at least modify it. not a go to the strore and buy it guy.
will spend thousands of dollars  on tools so that i can show my loving and patient family- hey look what i made - you know how much money i saved- this is a $1 000 bow- well sort of!

i just love the process of building and fiddling.

and then just plain passionate about the bush- in any shape or form.spending time in it is all i want to do. from a kid i have been a loner- and spent all my time in the bush.
heck when i ran away from home when i was 15( as all good boys should!!) for some weeks- i went to the mountains- but they knew where to find me. still took em a few weeks though!

Offline overbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 07:09:00 AM »
I'm passionate about the challenge of traditional archery. The challenge of being the best I can be w/ equipment meant for short range hunting, finding that weakness in the game I hunt to get that close range shot, try to alter the game's movement by strategy or manipulation, ect. Just passionate about being a predator!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 07:33:00 AM »
I am not really caught up on equipment!  I strive to better mysef and love to hunt.

Sure I have my preferences of equipment but they are all exchangeable or replaceable except for a sentimental bow.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline -snypershot317-

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 10:05:00 AM »
for me its not the 'stuff' but rather the experience and sharing it with my family and friends. i prefer my recurve over any other means of hunting and my wife enjoys the works of art that i create out of my arrows. she also enjoys seeing the joy i get out of it. she bought me the bow that i currently shoot so im fond of it because of the sentimental value it holds...ive thought of selling for a 'higher' end bow but i enjoy this one so much i've decided to just make it my own by adding some accents to it and some snakeskins. but its the experience for me  :)
"Now then, get your weapons-your quiver and bow-and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me." ~Gen 27:3

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." ~Joshua 24:15b

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »
I am passionate about traditional bows/instinctive shooting and hunting. Everything else doesn't really register.
I like the skill it requires and the fact that it forces close shots so I get to spend more time watching and less time shooting.

Offline Horserod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2014, 10:46:00 PM »
A beautiful Recurve!  I can shoot a longbow better, but, a well made recurve is just blissful "Art" to look at and "Sexy" to hold in my hand........Horserod

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 12:21:00 AM »
EASY-bowhunting. I just love bow hunting. Tree stand sits in a golden timber, stalking up on an unsuspecting mule deer (next year!) Sitting ground side on a beautiful spring morning coaxing a gobbler into my setup. I just love to be outside with a bow in my hands.
I love all the gear, from bow and arrows, and especially broadheads. I sharpen my broadheads after looking @ them too long haha. I love to blood trail and the feeling of accomplishment when walking up to an animal. I would bowhunt every day if I had the means.
I really like all the planning and strategizing that goes into hunts for new species or new places. Sitting in the bow shop listening to the old timers stories. The whole deal for me, I thank God every day that he made me a bowhunter
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Offline tradarcher816

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 05:22:00 AM »
If I had to pick some gear I'd have to say my blackwidow recurve. I got it used, and it's the only "custom" bow I've ever owned and I love it! I shoot it well it fits well in my hand and it just seems to fit for me. That being said I'd love to try some other kinds someday. But I will have a hard time shifting gears from something I know fits so well.

But even before I acquired my widow shooting other bows I just loved the act of being in the woods hunting with a bow and arrow. Even though my last several big game seasons have been a bust I have cherished them and the experiences I've had with my bow. Not to mention small game is an adventure all it's own with a bow. So I guess that would sum it up most for me.
Love God, Love your neighbor.

Online Littlejake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »
Iowabowhunter you took the words right out of my mouth! I could'nt have said it any better.
Try and be the person your dog thinks you are...
PBS Regular Member

Offline D.J. Carr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 09:51:00 AM »
Sitting in a tree with recurve in hand on frosty mornings in early Nov.
An archer tries to find ways to shoot further more accurately, a bowhunter tries to get as close as possible to ensure his shot is accurate.

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 03:39:00 PM »
As I have said before, if my back was better, the only deer that I would ever shoot would be the ones that got between me the rabbits, the pheasants and the turkeys.

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »
I'm wanting to get more out of the entire experience which is why I desire to switch to traditional.  I also really like the flight of the arrow.  I'm passionate about having a carbon arrow (finally just got one that flies good up to the weight I want) to avoid bent/broken arrows.  I haven't shot an animal so I'm not set on broadheads but I do have a 6pk of Woodsman's that I'm gonna start with.  I haven't really 100% settled on a style of bow but my hands seem to fit best on the hybrid long bow handles.  For now I just need to committ and get to the woods.  Already planning for the 2014/5 season!
>>>--------->

Offline Darren

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 05:23:00 PM »
Hunting big game with my longbows, and waterfowl hunting. I have thousands of dollars invested in both.

Offline Gottabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 06:43:00 PM »
Right now...Summer!

Offline GreyGoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2014, 06:54:00 PM »
Getting outside with a bow to shoot and or/hunt.  Which relates to shooting traditional equipment, because I have to work to stay sharp, and small game hunting, because there are more opportunities than focusing exclusively on deer (and a more manageable workload when a hunt is successful)"
Jim

Offline kagross

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 08:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by LB_hntr:

The other big one for me is how the bow brings me outside. I can find a lot of excuses to not do chores or work outside. I can also find a million excuses why I HAVE to be outside with my bow shooting or hunting.
This for me too.  When I finally get on stand, get set, and lean back against the tree and feel the earth and my small part in it, I'm home. The stresses of the modern world melt away. I watch the critters go about their lives, searching for food or whatever, listen to them communicate, and realize that somehow we (man) have lost our way.

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2014, 09:01:00 PM »
Shooting every chance I get . Doing a Techno Hunt league now with some friends and its a blast .
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline hitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
I love the whole traditional part of hunting. The beauty of well made bows and arrows, the feeling of them in my hands, the sight of the flight of a well placed arrow hitting the target that was intended for whether an animal or a stump. It is all in my blood passed down from my father who is dearly missed but fondly remembered. I am truly blessed to have been given the chance to experience this great sport.
Black Widow PSAX RH 58" 47#@28
Samick Sage 62" 40#@28"
PSA Kingfisher RH 45#@28
Treadway longbow RH 60" 46#at 28"
W.Va. Bowhunters Association life member
Pope and Young associate member
Mississippi Traditional Bowhunters life member

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »
like others, after bowhunting for 40 years or so, you become pretty fixed in your equipment list of what works.. call it being passionate about your equipment i guess, Black widow recurve, 2020 aluminuimn and zwickey delta 4 blades.. proven over and over im pretty passonite about that.. but the true draw for me is just the experience, i do alot of out side activities, canoe, camp, fish, hike etc..and love it, but bowhunting is my true passion.. im to poor to hunt out of state much, but i save all my vacation to hunt and dearly love the pursuit of critters with my bow..my gun hunting friends just dont get it. I am tickled to death to kill a mature doe that i have done a good job of placing a stand on, while they sit in thier box stands day after day waiting on some monster buck..thier only enjoyment is when something gets killed.. Man, im having a blast the whole dang time !!! i just love to bowhunt !
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©