3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Frustrating  (Read 427 times)

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Frustrating
« on: January 15, 2014, 06:11:00 PM »
So you went threw the whole deer season for two years in a row , with out so much as a shot .

Tag soup again . The deer season is over for two weeks .

You are at work and your wife sends you a text with pics .

Five deer , twenty feet from the porch .

This just happened to me a few minutes ago !   :banghead:
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Frustrating
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 06:13:00 PM »
lol that's funny!   lack luster seasons happen to us all, but that is icing on the cake for sure!  if it helps, I didn't get my deer here in Wyoming this year, but all November there was a BIG buck running the does here at my house. and a guy can only look.....

I wouldn't shoot the half tame deer here anyway, but it was salt in the wound.
is it September yet??

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 06:20:00 PM »
Last deer season, my wife called me at our hunting cabin that happens to be 125 miles away from our home in NYC... Anyway, she tells me that a group of three bucks crossed the road in front of her while she was driving less then one mile out side of the city limits! Go Figure...    :dunno:  

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 07:16:00 PM »
Saw a beast of an eight point three miles from my house inside city limits, as I was driving to my hunting spot a few weeks ago.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 07:31:00 PM »
Sounds like my place. Tons of deer around the house.
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 07:39:00 PM »
We have always had a few deer come through the yard here. I give them corn and they give me this....

So I don't have to want to hunt these deer to get an antler once in a while.  :)
Member NCBA

Offline tradarcher816

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 07:45:00 PM »
Same happened here, I ate tag soup again this year and today while directing traffic at a busy intersection a doe walked out of a wooded patch behind me, walked 12 yards beside me, through traffic, and into another wooded patch across the road like she owned the place.
Love God, Love your neighbor.

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »
A few years ago a herd of elk went by my buddy's camp while his wife was waiting for him to return. He didn't see jack.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 08:23:00 PM »
like when the wife says you have to watch the kids while she goes out and ya cant go hunting, only to come home half hour after ya would have left and says Im home you can go now. then complains that you should have gone when you had the chance,

I think she believes the deer wont start till I get there. I dont have them that trained yet
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 10:02:00 PM »
Nothing like a 1 hour of driving to and from your hunting location, a 2 hour round trip walk in and out, and a 7 hour sit on stand. All to see not so much as a tail. As I pull into my driveway after this long day 4 doe cross within 15 yards of my car.

Got to love it because I've done it for 4 seasons not without a hit. I have had opportunities. But have not sealed the deal.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline -snypershot317-

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 10:09:00 PM »
if it helps any im in the same boat...tag soup for two years in a row now but out running errands the deer are all over the place    :banghead:  but o well thats why its called hunting and not killing...there is always next year though  ;)  or an outta state pig hunt (if the wife allows it       ;)  )
"Now then, get your weapons-your quiver and bow-and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me." ~Gen 27:3

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." ~Joshua 24:15b

Offline -snypershot317-

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 10:10:00 PM »
if it helps any im in the same boat...tag soup for two years in a row now but out running errands the deer are all over the place    :banghead:  but o well thats why its called hunting and not killing...there is always next year though  ;)  or an outta state pig hunt (if the wife allows it       ;)  )
"Now then, get your weapons-your quiver and bow-and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me." ~Gen 27:3

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." ~Joshua 24:15b

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 09:26:00 AM »
Same here. I'm out sitting in a ground blind, have not had a shot all season, and my wife texts me she is out walking our two dogs and has 9 deer, 20 yds from her and they are not moving   :mad:  

The good news is that deer season is finally over here in Michigan and I can start planning for a more productive 2014 season.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
2 years with out a shot.....   :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    My first shot was in 1971, my second and third shot came this year. Oh yea...I missed all three.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »
I feel your pain.  I did not see a single deer on my 100 acres in SE Texas.  Had plenty on camera but not one sighting while on stand this year, and I hunt 4-6 times per week.  Frustrating year for sure.  

Best of luck in 2014.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline bowtough

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 09:41:00 AM »
Hey Duncan, good trade!   :thumbsup:

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »
Two weeks and I pick up my new RER LXR with longbow and static-tip-recurve limbs. I will have 8 months to practice until I can drill a field mouse at 25 yds every time with a perfectly tuned set of arrows.

What can possibly go wrong?
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »
That's why it's called HUNTING   :help:  a shoulder injury this year
(no one said life is fair). But hopefully there is always next season( that is untill we meet our maker  :pray:  )
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Offline Broke N Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
I have yet to take a deer with trad gear..I got into tarditional bow hunting about 5 years ago and consider myself a pretty desent shot.. I shoot every 3D event in our area and practice all the time.I love the woods and being out in nature..I hunt every opportunity I get..I scout and prepare..wind direction, shower with scent block soap and still no deer..it is frustrating but the love of the woods and the prepparation sustains me..I know its all about persistence...sooner or later the planets will line up, the wind will be right and it will happen..it is our responsibility to be ready for that moment...
Stand at the crossroads and look, seek for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is,and walk in it, and you will find rest for your soul....Scroll of Joshua

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »
What I learnt once again this year is that monster Iowa bucks do not follow all that much of a pattern when the valley fills up with hunters.  When I had three state doe tags, plus tags from land owners, the varied movements of the 180 class bucks did not bother me.  Now that I am only playing with one tag, I find myself obsessed with the big boy.  Shooting a lesser deer just to put Meat in the freezer is not as much fun when entire season gets wasted on one trophy that managed to always be on the other side of fields.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©