3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: St Charles Thunderbird  (Read 344 times)

Offline ed cowden

• Trad Bowhunter
St Charles Thunderbird
« on: January 16, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »
I would like to know if the Thunderbird bow would draw smoothly to 30 inches. Anyone that owns or has shot one I would like to hear your experience. Being a old designed bow I was wondering how they stood up to new designs as far as stacking, vibration, cast.
     Too many really good bows for $750 to take a step back in history and have something that may need to be updated. But it might be just as good or better that is why I am asking.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: St Charles Thunderbird
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 04:24:00 PM »
If we are talking about the modern bow made by Jay, I can offer this;  a gent I hunt with has a 31" draw he shot mine several times and he had zero complaints. Jay would tiller the bow differently for a longer draw, and combined with the bows 63" AMO length should be fine. With a 28" draw I can't talk about the stacking, the bow is very smooth, super quiet and surprisingly fast. Contact Jay and ask him about the draw length. The original bow came in two lengths 63 and 66 inches.

Offline ed cowden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 01:18:00 PM »
There is a thread on Stickbow's ***********. Many people have answered in the positive. Thanks for your input Bjorn.

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 08:08:00 PM »
I have one if its the 2nd gen T-Bird your talking about,, I'm normally a 27" draw but I have drew mine back to 29" with no stacking. I think with its design and Jay making one to draw to 31" there wouldn't be a problem my bow is 63".  as far as the bow itself it shoots very nice has a nice comfortable grip, its pretty fast but I don't chrono.  the bow stands out in the crowd mines is all Yew and glows in the sunlight,, everyone wants to check it out and shoot it because there's just not many around..  I had mine signed by Glenn St. Charles and he wrote happy hunting which meant a lot because Fred bear autographed a book for my father and he wrote that same thing.    but the bow is nice and I would buy another if I heard Jay was going to stop making them.
"Us vs Them"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©