3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: caibou hunt  (Read 262 times)

Offline Longbowcrowder66

• Trad Bowhunter
caibou hunt
« on: January 16, 2014, 04:31:00 PM »
Checking to see if anyone can recommend a caribou camp for trad hunters that won't break the bank?
Floyd Crowder

Online Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: caibou hunt
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 05:33:00 AM »
Let me know what you find out
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 06:52:00 AM »
I hunted with Safari Nordik about 5 years ago and had a great hunt.  9 bow hunters and 17 bulls in the end.  Most were taken with the wheel bow but I had several opportunities that were easily taken with traditional gear.  There has been some failures with outfitters in Quebec that last few years where guys lost a lot of money.  I would research it careefully before you plunk down your hard earned money.  It's on my list to go back but I have a few other trips that I want to do first.
T ZZZZ

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 02:48:00 PM »
You need to do some serious research if you intend to try and hunt Caribou with an outfitter especially the Quebec/Labrador herd. At least that is what I am finding. There appears to be large numbers of hunters who have had money taken and no hunt provided. Buyer beware.   :archer2:

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 04:23:00 PM »
Safari Nordic has had "issues" I hear.
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Longbowcrowder66

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 07:37:00 PM »
Great advice.thanks to all for the input
Floyd Crowder

Online Cory Mattson

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
we worked the eastern hunts hard late 80s early 90s and had a lot figured out at that time. Migration stability collapsed by mid 90s and has not stabilized since (if you are wanting to hunt migrating caribou)
When the migration became unpredictable and erratic it became just about impossible to get on em since Quebec has laws to control outfitters that make it illegal to fly over Bou and set up ahead like many hunters do in Alaska.
The newer hunter/outfitter relationship did not work and destroyed long time relationships - many hunters not seeing animals (which is not hunting thats called camping) and many hunters wasting hard earned dollars going home without and opportunity - then usually bumping into a group who did have opportunity at game at  the Chimo airport on the way home. Some outfitters who once bragged of "200%" were later promising "to move you" which is forked tongue for "we put you in the wrong spot to begin with since we overbook"
We have watched every year - we even had one of us go just a few years ago with a very well known outfitter that had the longest/best reputation. It was an unmitigated disaster.
We are recommending that you DO NOT BOOK OR HUNT with any outfitter in the east who works the Quebec/Labrador herd until further notice. And we will not recommend until basic reforms are made.
<><
<-----------------<<<<<<
Savannah River Bow Zone - Trad only Bowhunting Clubs and Camps

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 06:58:00 AM »
PM Jerry Gowins goes by Weasel on here and ask who  he  hunted with couple years ago.  Or look back in the TBM issues for his story
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©