3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: South Florida Hog Odyssey  (Read 714 times)

Offline T-Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: South Florida Hog Odyssey
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
:campfire:
William

JD Berry Valor 66” 45@28
Great Northern Bush Bow 62" 47@28"
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida

Offline Butchie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2014, 07:07:00 PM »
:campfire:
"Don't worry about the old blind mule, just keep a load in the wagon!"

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
Dang it Jim,I'm comin' there to hunt in a few days and I'm gonna shoot you in the butt with a rubber blunt. That dang Charlie started all this 'tiny bit and make us wait' story tellin' and I when I see him again I might do the same to him!     :banghead:    ;)
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2014, 02:25:00 PM »
hope to see the results of this soon
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »
I will post some pics tomorrow.  Not able to do it from my phone.

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2014, 08:28:00 PM »
I will standby!!
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »
First off Ben and I want to thank Jim and Irv of True South Adventures for another great hunt. I had the pleasure of becoming friends with Jim and Irv before I was a client. The honesty and genuine qualities that make them sound friends shine in their outfitting abilities. Having hunted all over Florida for free range wild hogs, their land is as good or better than any I've hunted. Ben and I hunted 7 different times over the last 4 days and not only saw hogs but had shots on every hunt.

That first night a brown and white hog in the group of 4 got a little more greedy and wiggled his way broadside and Ben made quick work to send an arrow perfectly home, I could not believe it. Although he has practiced every day for months, it still amazes me when an arrow is so expertly placed.

As we watch the first one go down and the woods goes silent again...Ben and I are shocked to see the 3 healthy pigs coming back in!
I hand Ben another arrow and he does it again on a mostly white colored rooter....2 pigs....in 2 minutes....with 2 arrows!!!
Both perfect shots!!!!!

The young man hunts well beyond his years. Of course bias blinders can often fog a parents view of a child, but in Bens case most all who meet him comment on his natural ability as a woodsman,hunter and archer. Perfect double lung hits on the first 2 big game arrows ever released by an 11yr old,with a 40lb longbow speaks for itself...period.
HOWEVER....most bowhunters have that one game species that is their nemesis...... For Ben it's the old masked bandit!
He managed to kill 2 coons on this trip.....BUT the quiver was emptied many times in doing so. In fact, as I tried not to laugh from behind the camera, Ben turned and asked more than once, "Dad you can edit some of these out...can't you??"
One of the best hunts I have been on in my life!
Jim is going to post some pics later. Ben and I need to catch a plane, more later, thanks for tuning in, TAKE A KID BOWHUNTING!!!!!

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »
Awesome Bill, Congrats Ben.  Jim told me you guys were doing some damage to the pig population!!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2014, 06:34:00 PM »
We are back home at a real computer, my eyes, fingers, and brain are not conducive to smart phone use.
As previously stated Bill had hung a stand next to the ladder stand for filming. Here is a still shot he took of Ben.

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2014, 06:43:00 PM »
Thanks Bill for the kind words.I have to echo Bill's spot-on description of his son. This kid was born to hunt. So much of his ability is innate but it doesn't hurt to have been raised by a dad and grand dad that are both expert hunters.Here are a couple of photos of Ben and his pigs.

Offline PA Bones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2014, 06:49:00 PM »
Congratulations Ben. Nice job!

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2014, 06:52:00 PM »
Friday night Bill and Ben went to another property Irv and I have. On the way out they spotted a pig that was out rooting up the grass lane we park on.
Ben made another deadly shot, although not perfect arrow placement, the pig only went thirty yards and went down.
Last night was their last evening hunt so they decided to sit awhile after last light.
I will let Bill relate those events(that end with a squealing sus scrofa)!Pics to come.....

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2014, 06:58:00 PM »
My son Nicolas and I sat a ground blind at the East Grove feeder. I really wanted to do some raccoon control. We didn't see any masked bandits but some field mice and a couple rabbits showed up. Nicky had fun flinging arrows at both(warning shots as it turned out).

Online Tony Sanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2014, 08:08:00 PM »
Man what a way for both Father and son to spend time and a hunt together. Congrats to the both of you. Thanks for sharing.

Tony

Offline East Coast archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2014, 10:05:00 PM »
Awesome!
"God gave you feet for a reason, so you can take a step forward and keep moving, even though it's hard, but you have to because the tides going to come in." TAC

Offline Florida lime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2014, 10:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by tarponnut:
My son Nicolas and I sat a ground blind at the East Grove feeder. I really wanted to do some raccoon control. We didn't see any masked bandits but some field mice and a couple rabbits showed up. Nicky had fun flinging arrows at both(warning shots as it turned out).
I remember those mice at the East Grove ! Where were the rats that usually chase the mice away ?   :D
Martin-Hunter & Bamboo Viper, Black Widow Camo PLX, Holm-made Osprey, Toelke-SS #5 & Super D, Brackenbury Drifter, Wes Wallace Mentor, Kimber Huntsman,  Rose Oak-Wildcat II, Ocelot, Ace & 2 Heritage TDs, Bear-'67½  SK & '59 Kodiak Special - all LH

Offline saltwatertom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2014, 11:50:00 PM »
What a great way to start your hunting career !! Wish I could have had an opportunity like that when I was 11.     :bigsmyl:
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2014, 06:16:00 AM »
:thumbsup:

Offline Birdbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2014, 09:20:00 AM »
Super job Ben & Bill! Have all of Bill's dvds and one of my favorite sequences in a recent edition was of Ben hunting frogs and connecting on a big one - priceless reaction from the young man.
Off myself in March to True South again
Unadulterated truth is not pablum.

A simplification of means and an elevation of ends is the goal. Antoine de St.-Exupery

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
Way to go, Ben!

Congrats!

Bisch

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©