3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Longbow length 62" or 64"  (Read 300 times)

Re: Longbow length 62" or 64"
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 07:36:00 PM »
I can't tell you which to get but I have a 29.5" DL and do fine with a 62" longbow. Every bow under 60" that I have ever tried has given me fits!

Bisch

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2014, 08:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by katman:
Kirk, not looking at performance, would the longer bow of the same design be easier to shoot accurately? Assuming both have no finger pinch issues.
I would know of a good reason why with a good R/D design bro...Except a D shaped long bow of the same design will have a better string angle, and will be  more forgiving  getting off the string.

If an archer uses a consistent hand placement, steady back tension, and a smooth release with a good follow through....it just doesn't matter how long that bow is. its going to shoot good as long as she isn't stacking up on you.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2014, 09:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bisch:
I can't tell you which to get but I have a 29.5" DL and do fine with a 62" longbow. Every bow under 60" that I have ever tried has given me fits!

Bisch
I've gotta get one of these sasquatch bows in your hands Bisch.  This 60" long bow is unlike anything you've shot i'll bet.  The new SS static RC has an incredible string angle too... i'll bet you couldn't tell the difference between a 60" & a 62" except a slight increase in let off during the draw.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©