3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: poly rope?  (Read 134 times)

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
poly rope?
« on: January 17, 2014, 09:26:00 AM »
Which rope do I get to stuff into my CX heritage 250 shafts?  Looking for some extra weight without much spine change.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: poly rope?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »
There is a good video by one of the sponsors on here. I believe it's the diamond braid you want, but here is the link to the video on it, his technique really works good. I used paracord myself because I had smaller diameter arrows and it's diameter fit them better. One thing to remember, if you add weight to the arrow it will lower your FOC percentage. So you need EFOC if your particular about how much FOC you have. I added about 90gr to 110gr of weight in paracord to my Easton ST Epics and with 148gr total tip and insert weight my FOC went from 12% to .2% with the addition of the paracord. Arrows were not very forgiving with that low of FOC.

http://tbwpodcast.com/category/videos/page/2/
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 06:33:00 PM »
Thanks.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
I used the poly rope he uses and I put 36" of rope in my 25 7/8" arrow. I went from 346 gr to 592 gr. I tried useing about the length of the arrow and an extra 4"and was getting erratic flight. I believe do to the rope packed down in the shaft and was sliding on the shaft. when I release the rope would slide towards the noc making it act stiff with the weight being in the rear end of the arrow. Then it would slide forward towards the front of the arrow making it act week.  So I added more rope till it stoped sliding. The was solved and flew straight. I weighted the rope and it weighed about 4gr per inch. It has some trendous penitration, I shot with my broadheads at a 4ft Styrofoam block and the  arrow with the rope penitrated about 3/4 of arrow length deep. The arrow with out rope pentrated about 1/3 the length of the arrow deep. They were both shot from 20yds.
I forgot to mention that my bow is 42lbs at my 24 3/4" short draw.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline Onehair

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »
The 5/16 white nylon from Wally World works for me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©