3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Easton Uni-bushing questions...yes, stupid questions.  (Read 212 times)

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
Easton Uni-bushing questions...yes, stupid questions.
« on: January 18, 2014, 01:04:00 PM »
Okay guys.  It is the off season and I'm looking to fool with Aluminum some.  Now I am more ignorant than most when it comes to both aluminum and uni-bushings.  So please be gentle...LOL.

Last year I bought some Easton Legacy arrows.  Liked the way they performed, but did not like the fit of the nocks on my FF strings (way too loose).

I'm wanting to get uni-bushings for them.  Now I've got uni-bushings in my AD arrows and use the slide in G-nock.  Is that "slide-in" nock system what I will be able to use after adding uni-bushings to my Legacy's?  

I realize there are some different options other than G-nocks.  Anyone have any preferences for a specific nock?  Much prefer not to go with the nock bushings that allow you to glue on the nocks.

Again, I apologize for the questions, but I've shot carbon 99.9% of the time.  Loved the way the Aluminum shot, but have to find a way to use my preferred nocks.
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Easton Uni-bushing questions...yes, stupid questions.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 02:05:00 PM »
The way I understand it is the current uni bushings for aluminum arrows work with either the x nocks, like my 1916 or the s nocks, like my 2317...and yes the whole thing is rather confusing...a shop that sells the full line of Easton arrows could sort it out for you in minutes

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 02:09:00 PM »
As far as Legacy shafts go you can get uni-bushings for 1916 arrows that use x-nocks, all the other Legacy's will use the s-nocks.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »
Jason is correct,the standard uni-bushing is used on aluminum arrows 20XX and larger diameter and takes a S-type nock.My favorite S-type nock are "Easton 3D Super nocks",they have a .098 throat same as large groove G-nocks.These nocks are different from standard Easton Super nocks.Easton came out with the X-bushing a few years ago that are made for 1816,1913 and 1916 that use a X-nock. the same nock used for Axis/MFX arrows.A 1916 is the smallest Legacy,you would have to use a X-bushing on them.

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 04:45:00 PM »
Hey JRY,
Where can I find throat diameter listings for nocks?
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline finkm1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 06:35:00 PM »
I always dip my knocks in a cup of boiled water to soften them a little, then adjust them to my string. You can pinch them with your finger or pry them open with a butter knife. Easy as that.
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 08:41:00 AM »
threeunder,the only ones that list the throat diameter is for Easton G-nocks.Small groove is .088 and large groove is .098.The Easton 3D Super nocks fit the same as large groove G-nocks on my strings.I thought I saw the 3D Super nocks listed somewhere but can't remember where exactly.I haven't seen other brands of nocks list throat diameters.This is just my experience with finding which nocks fit for my strings.When I make strings for my bows I like to get the finished diameter of my serving around .108 to .110.This gives me a great fit for my nocks and most of my nocks are Easton large groove G-nocks .098 and Easton 3D Super nocks.The 3D Super nocks fit your standard carbons with a .246 ID like GT,Beman ICS,Blackhawk Vapor and Carbonwood,CE Heritage 150,250 and 350,uni-bushing on aluminum 20XX and larger.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©