3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cabelas TCS Ghillie  (Read 237 times)

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
Cabelas TCS Ghillie
« on: September 14, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »
Well I just got back from cabelas looking for ghillie suits. I have a real hard time buying anything I cant get my hands on first, so rancho safari was out or others from the Internet. They had the bushrag one in the bargin cave but it wouldnt fit too small. So my choices in store was the TCS ghillie or the leafy wear stuff. I asked why they didnt stock more this time of year and the guy told me headquarters decides what goes out in different seasons and I commented it was bow season in 2 weeks here in Michigan, why didnt they have all the models available and he said the light weights were out in the spring for turket hunting only??. I think they should also have them out now for bow but they dont. I asked for a catalog so I could see everything available and asked if they had the water foul ghillies at the store and they didnt and didnt know why??? I think I found a place for improvement at cabelas I think I will write them a nice letter. Back to the story of my trip, so I try on several sizes of the TCS hooded jacket and pants to find out what I would fit into but still I wanted more choices so I went to the desk in the dept and asked them again about the waterfoul ghillie and they said the could order it to the store and I can come back and look at it so I agreed but I also bought the TSC model and when the waterfoul one comes in I am goin back to take a look but in the mean time I will practice with the TSC. The more I have it the more I like it.
When I got home I went in the back of the house and asked my daughter to come find me, she walked about three feet right by me went in a big circle and started back twards me and as she turned to go away I called her name, she just stoped and looked at me confused,she started looking around looked back at me and said dad is the you so I stood up and she about jumped out of her shoes, she said it freaked her out. Too cool. Well tomarrow is squirle season so guess what I am goin to wear.
Anyway thats my little adventure.

Terry
US ARMY 1984-1988

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cabelas TCS Ghillie
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 10:10:00 PM »
Ok first off what does TCS mean?

Secondly, whatever it is, it sounds like it passed the test with flying colors.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »
Well, Mickey, I wondered too, so I looked it up.  "Total Concealment System"  It looks to be much bushier than the leafy stuff, but not as thick or floppy as a Rancho suit.

Terry, let us know how it works.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »
I will, one thing I do notice is it is no where as heavy as a tradtional suit, it is made of light weight material sewn to a breathable hooded jacket and pants. The strips are not as long as the rancho type suit but I doubt it matters. The water foul suit however does look to be longer strips so I will have to see when it comes in.
The two areas I want to compare on the suits are,
will I like the 3/4 lenght parka better( I plan on packing in the suit and then putting it on when I get to my spot so would a one piece suit be better than a two, second is the waterfoul more bushy like a rancho and does it matter.

Terry
US ARMY 1984-1988

Offline jimneye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »
How about some pic in the brush, and do you have to do any trimming to shoot with it on?
I've hunted almost every day of my life.....the rest were just wasted

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »
I put two arm guards on over it one on my lower arm and one on my bicep area and it appears like it will work with a little adjusting. I dont want to trim anything until I am sure I'm going to keep it. I am going to look for something other than two arm guards, pull over long guard or something??
US ARMY 1984-1988

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »
Check out the Cabelas Compression sleeves. I hunted with one last year and it eliminated the need for an arm guard.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline jimneye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 08:24:00 AM »
Mabe the sleve from an old sweatshirt would work.
I've hunted almost every day of my life.....the rest were just wasted

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©