3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Most comfortable stand EVER!  (Read 644 times)

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Most comfortable stand EVER!
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 11:54:00 PM »
I have one and I have to say the only bad thing about it is fighting to stay awake.

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 04:57:00 AM »
And "our own" Big Jim carries them. I just checked them out at Big Jim's Bow Company.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 01:01:00 PM »
I just love the millennium stands. That's all I use and pretty much left all the others in the woods to rot.

The new m100 coming out this year is even lighter I want to say it is slightly larger platform, but don't quote me on that.

I prefer the new m150's to them all.

thanks, bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline rolltidehunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 01:01:00 PM »
I agree

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by Michael Arnette:

Does the seat get in the way?
Nope.  It is a big seat, but flips up easily when you stand.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 10:30:00 PM »
The stands are rated at 300lbs and I am pushing about 320 lbs necked...but I don't hunt that way  :)

In the beginning I found the platform a slight bit small on the M100 and the seat kind of low (I'm 6'3" tall).
What I learned is that If I push down on one of the seat side straps, it helps me to stand very slowly and quietly. When I'm on my feet, I take one small step back and push the seat up and out of the way with my thigh. Now I have plenty of platform room. The m150's are better in both regards. They have larger platforms and an adjustable seat...very very light too.

My take is that they are the lightest, most comfortable and safest to hang lock on stands on the market and at a fair price.

BIgJIm

Offline Arraflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 11:41:00 PM »
I've got one of their ladder stands super duper sweet and comfy
A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one,you won't be needing one again

Offline DWT

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2014, 06:09:00 AM »
I liked the looks of these but as is the case with a lot of stands made today the platform mesh is pretty light. I wont hunt from these stands because here in Michigan when it gets cold as I move the cheap mesh pops and crinkles and has blown it on a couple bucks. anymore I usually look at the platform material first then everything else such as comfort second.

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2014, 07:17:00 AM »
DWT, I have never hunted from them at temps colder than 15 degrees, but had no problems with them what soever...no noise, no excessive movement and I'm putting a lot of pressure on them.

Their new platforms are even nicer.

I could sell any stand I want, but I find it much easier to sell the ones I can say good things about.
BIgJIm

Offline dennis502

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 03:15:00 PM »
I've owned most of the brands out there (Summit, Lone Wolf, etc) as I've spent years searching for the perfect treestand. Anytime a new hang-on (I don't use climbing stands) came out that looked promising, I bought it.

I discovered the Millennium stands 4 or 5 years ago. I sold the pile of stands I'd accumulated and now own over a dozen of the M100's. They are incredibly comfortable, and easy to hang. For my use (hang my stands in late summer and leave them up through November) they are perfect.

I've added their optional footrest to all of them, and it makes a great stand even better.

Highly recommended.

Offline Mark Normand

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by STICKBENDER98:
Nice looking stands I've looked at them in the big store catalogs.  Is it something you hang and leave, or could you do a walk in hang, hunt then take it back out with you with a set of sticks?
Stick, I bought an M100 alum this year and set it up like that. I wouldn't haul it real far, but on short hauls, slam dunk. I changed out the chain for a quiet strap. No issues for me.

Prob will phase out a lot of my other stuff for more of these. I'm not figgity, but these stands let you relax and stay STILL for hours. And that will let you see more deer.   :thumbsup:
Stalker ILF recurve
Dakota II longbow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©