3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: (I was initially) frustrated With Bear Archery, update page 5  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: (I was initially) frustrated With Bear Archery, update page 5
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2014, 02:58:00 PM »
X2   :knothead:    :knothead:    :knothead:  

I'll bet that riser is worth $1,200.00 as it is so rare...

What a crazy response, I mean c'mon.....

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »
I too appreciate this post and will watching for the outcome.

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »
Their response is more offensive than the original mistake.

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2014, 04:13:00 PM »
That second riser is a joke - trying to salvage a piece of wood has pissed off more people than you. I myself had someone try to salvage a crap riser - "No More For You" says my wallet.

Bring that to the show and I'm sure they will make it right - be happy they will be at the show.

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2014, 04:29:00 PM »
I too appreciate this post... It is great that we have the power of the WWW to solve problems. There has been many problems resolved from WWW, and there has been some businesses go down in a tail spin due to the WWW.

Right will prevail in the end. I do believe that Bear Archery will make this right in the end, they cannot afford to leave this problem unresolved.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2014, 04:31:00 PM »
BTW..
I think the "wood so compressed/ won't take stain" story is BS

Those look like glue filled voids to me.
Glue doesn't take stain.. wood does

You can see in the upper riser white spots there's a black spot in the middle. That looks to me like the wood is stained behind the glue filled void and they almost sanded through the filled void....
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2014, 04:37:00 PM »
I'm not taking any side in this, but the stain story may not be a "story".  Bighorn bows (Ramwood)  used to have some areas that didn't take stain like the rest of the riser.  Without being able to see the riser in person I won't say what it is.  The ones I saw didn't look exactly like this, but could be the cause.

Online BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2014, 05:41:00 PM »
There are many ways that this could have gone. unfortunately a second mistake was made instead of getting things right the first time.

I prefer the risers that didn't take the dye completely as they are unique. The marks in this are just imbedded natural blemishes and are certainly not attractive.

I am certain they would make it right given the chance. I can see though that there are many here that wouldn't give them the chance and prefer to burn them at the stake.

This is not one person building bows and then deciding weather or not you deserve good treatment or not. There are many people responsible for what goes in and out and they are incredibly behind and unfortunately mistakes happen, sometimes back to back for whatever reason.
I have been to the plant a few times and I get the feeling that their employees are very happy with their employment and enjoy their jobs. They are certainly friendly and very helpful.

Instead of starting a witch hunt out in the open for every body to crap on Bear, this should have been taken to them first. Bear will make around 9,000 traditional bows in the up coming year and there will be a few issues and Bear will take care of them.
I choose to sell Bear because I like who and what they are. I could sell anything if I chose to.

Sometimes I feel ashamed...and not of Bear!

BigJim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2014, 06:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by BigJim:
There are many ways that this could have gone. unfortunately a second mistake was made instead of getting things right the first time.

I prefer the risers that didn't take the dye completely as they are unique. The marks in this are just imbedded natural blemishes and are certainly not attractive.

I am certain they would make it right given the chance. I can see though that there are many here that wouldn't give them the chance and prefer to burn them at the stake.

This is not one person building bows and then deciding weather or not you deserve good treatment or not. There are many people responsible for what goes in and out and they are incredibly behind and unfortunately mistakes happen, sometimes back to back for whatever reason.
I have been to the plant a few times and I get the feeling that their employees are very happy with their employment and enjoy their jobs. They are certainly friendly and very helpful.

Instead of starting a witch hunt out in the open for every body to crap on Bear, this should have been taken to them first. Bear will make around 9,000 traditional bows in the up coming year and there will be a few issues and Bear will take care of them.
I choose to sell Bear because I like who and what they are. I could sell anything if I chose to.

BigJim
Words spoken by a custom bowyer that would probably never let that riser out of his shop but knows how it could easily happen at a shop cranking out bows by the 1000s. Even Twice.

You're a compassionate man Big Jim, thanks for weighing in on this one.      :thumbsup:
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2014, 07:06:00 PM »
:deadhorse:

Offline jeff w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2014, 07:13:00 PM »
I guess you don't understand my point.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2014, 07:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by TRAP:

Originally posted by BigJim:

BigJim
Words spoken by a custom bowyer that would probably never let that riser out of his shop but knows how it could easily happen at a shop cranking out bows by the 1000s. Even Twice.

You're a compassionate man Big Jim, thanks for weighing in on this one.       :thumbsup:  [/b]
You guys are on the right page here.... I just don't understand why posts are made like this?

Pardon me for being blunt. But this is a great archery forum and we can do without posts like this. Fred Bear would say "Shame on you."

good greif brutha... Get a grip.

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2014, 07:49:00 PM »
I feel that posts like this have their place just as much as praise and chest thumping ones.  I for one will follow this to see the outcome,  and it very well may be followed by some praise.  One mans review should be taken as that.

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by jrchambers:
I feel that posts like this have their place just as much as praise and chest thumping ones.  I for one will follow this to see the outcome,  and it very well may be followed by some praise.  One mans review should be taken as that.
Agree

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2014, 07:56:00 PM »
Well said.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline hitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »
I feel like they should give you another riser and sell that one as a discounted second. Maybe someone else would like it as a "rare find". Nothing against Bear Archery at all, thats just good business.
Black Widow PSAX RH 58" 47#@28
Samick Sage 62" 40#@28"
PSA Kingfisher RH 45#@28
Treadway longbow RH 60" 46#at 28"
W.Va. Bowhunters Association life member
Pope and Young associate member
Mississippi Traditional Bowhunters life member

Offline thumper-tx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
I am with Big Jim on this one

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2014, 09:43:00 PM »
I see both sides on this one, but regardless which side you are on, I am sure you will agree with three things.

1. That riser should have never been let out of the factory.

2. In a day when money is hard to come by, I am sure we would feel different if it was our hard earned money that was on the line with two defective risers in return.

3. Bear should have ample opportunity to make it right before we jump to conclusions about their products and customer service.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Online Josh Perdue

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2014, 10:16:00 PM »
Well said x 2, the author spent his hard earned money on this riser. I dont think his intent was to bash Bear. He's just stating the facts. Maybe they will read this thread and learn from it.
Some of my best learning experiences in life have been a direct result of mistakes Ive made.

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »
I am in agreement with this, as well.  One of the largest internet sporting goods stores has a section for customer reviews.  They post both the good and the bad, and then the prospective customer gets to make a more informed decision.  Unfortunately, nothing like this really exists in the traditional archery world.  There are plenty of companies that have gone out of business, and some of them because of a poor quality product and some due to poor customer service. Unfortunately, a lot of customers had to get burned before the word got out.  I am not even remotely suggesting that this is the case for Bear Archery.  I am just saying that a customers negative experience is just as valid as anothers that had a positive experience to someone considering making a purchase.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©