3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Easton Axis Legacy owners  (Read 477 times)

Offline canuck4570

• Trad Bowhunter
Easton Axis Legacy owners
« on: January 23, 2014, 11:27:00 PM »
would like to know if the wood finish on this arrow wear of easily

let say even if oiled you have debris stuck at the end of the shaft after pulling it out of the target will the finish come off if you scrape the debris with a knife or steel wool

thanks

Offline canuck4570

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Easton Axis Legacy owners
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 11:36:00 PM »
that is Easton axis traditional….

Offline Canadian Idle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 11:43:00 PM »
WOW..." will the finish come off if you scrape the debris off with a KNIFE or STEEL WOOL "
 I don't know but I think I would look at getting a different target.    :saywhat:

Offline canuck4570

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 11:47:00 PM »
you bet at the club they still use these ten test board staked up and when you shoot carbon they just stick in there
you get your regular workout just pulling them out even if you put oiled on your shaft  :big laugh:

Offline Canadian Idle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 11:57:00 PM »
Hey Michel, I know what you mean about hard to pull out. We have the BullDog butts, they don't leave anything on the arrow shafts but if the arrow tips are a bit larger than the shaft size you have a H3LL of a time getting them out. In fact if you use wooden arrows you will loose the tips inside   :mad: . We are in the process of trying something else for a backstop, maybe layered foam. Take care,...Lloyd

Offline canuck4570

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 12:04:00 AM »
all these question because I am searching for a arrow for my just arrived Toelke Whip bow 35#
the axis traditional looked promising but I think I will stick with aluminium
less problematic

Offline Keb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 10:19:00 AM »
I wiped the logo off with acetone and did not damage the wood grain finish, then crested the shaft with sharpies it worked great. My whip loves those shafts and I am a die hard wood shooter, but may have to use the axis.

Offline Broke N Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 06:47:00 PM »
I shoot axis and they do pull hard so I care a little cloth with armor all on it..just alittle on the end and they will pull alot better..
Stand at the crossroads and look, seek for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is,and walk in it, and you will find rest for your soul....Scroll of Joshua

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »
I have intentionally taken the logo and other printing off my GT 3555 Trads and 1535 Trads. I use acetone and 4-0 steel wool. The printing wipes right off, but the wood grain doesn't seem to be affected at all. In fact, I was stripping some vanes off some used Trads I got and scrubbed and scraped pretty hard without damaging the wood grain.

But, YMMV   :)
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Major Boothroyd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »
I shoot the Axis Traditional with my 45# Whip.  My favorite arrow by far of the ones I've tried.  They are a bit tough to pull from the bales, but thats okay.  I'm guessing that's going to translate into some good penetration when hunting.

The finish is relatively durable, but if your bales have steel straps like ours do, at times you will get the unlucky shot that rubs up against the steel, and that will tend to scrape some of the finish away.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 07:42:00 AM »
I used the Axis Trad all last year. I used MFX Classics for three years. I loved the MFX but I like he Axis trads even more precisely because the finish is far more durable. I was forever chipping (shooting groups) the MFX and I have yet to chip an Axis and my groups are even tighter these days.

Offline canuck4570

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 08:01:00 AM »
I tried the carbon express Heritage

the finish is not only very very durable but super easy to pul out and I don't need lube on them

did not tried them on 3D target
going soon to a competition and will give a feedback

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©