3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: take down ladies bow  (Read 299 times)

Offline -snypershot317-

• Trad Bowhunter
take down ladies bow
« on: January 24, 2014, 02:24:00 PM »
my wife is inteested in starting trad archery, and ive been doing some looking here and on other places and have found some nice bows with in her range but she would like a take down model for easy carrying and storage. she has a draw length of 24" and is looking to shoot somewhere around 20-25# mark...do you all think poundage is too much for a beginner and do you all know of a place where i could possibly find a cheaper (not in terms of quality) take down youth or ladies bow? You all have been so helpful and i thank you all for your generosity.
"Now then, get your weapons-your quiver and bow-and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me." ~Gen 27:3

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." ~Joshua 24:15b

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: take down ladies bow
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »
I had Mike at Maddog build my wife a lightweight 3-piece and it was around $250.  Good bow, too.  Maybe give him a call.
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline JeffR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »
My wife started trad archery about 2 months ago.  We got her a Samick Polaris 20#@28".  She pulls more like 29-30" but it turned out to be just right for her in terms of beginning draw weight.  If I remember correctly, the bow was $140 or so brand new.

Offline mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
Check out Dryridge archery, his specialty is building bows at a fair price to get people started in trad archery.
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple
Dwyer Original, Stewart Slammer, Bear Cub, TT Black Magic, RC Extremes, selfbows

Offline Fattony77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 03:13:00 AM »
I bought my girlfriend a Ragim Matrix Jr. 24# a couple of years ago, and she did well with that weight. She also has around a 24" draw.

FYI, they don't make any heavier limbs for it, and here in Okie land, the minimum draw weight for hunting larger game (deer, turkeys, etc.) is 40#, so I'll hafta get her a different one for her to be able to work up to that weight. So, if that's a concern for you, you may want to go a different route. If not, it's a decent little bow that I was able to get for her for a little over $100.

Hope that helps, and let us know what ya end up gettin' for her.
-Tony

Offline R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 08:10:00 AM »
Several of the guys from the club have purchased Samick Red Stag take down recurves for their wives and daughters.  They only sell for about $170.00 and all of the ones I have seen are very good looking and shooting bows, especially for the money.  They have limbs available from 30-60 pounds. A set of 30 @ 28" limbs is going to give her about 22 pounds or so at 24".  Nice weight for her to start out building form and muscles, especially if she is excited about it and wants to shoot a lot. Buy heavier limbs as she moves up in draw weight and she can keep the same riser that she is familiar with.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 09:19:00 AM »
Samick's Polaris is fairly inexpensive and you can start with  a low poundage and buy heavier limbs later.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©