3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Steve Catts hide handler  (Read 683 times)

Offline B3a5t

• Trad Bowhunter
Steve Catts hide handler
« on: January 25, 2014, 10:11:00 PM »
Hi all just wanted some feedback on Steve.. I placed an order with him about 7 months ago and due to weather and health conditions steve has been unable to start my order and I still do not have my quiver and other accessories...Steve seems very nice and a honest... I did ask him if he could just refund my purchase if it was too tough to complete the order.. And he responded that he had no money to refund me..mind you I was charged for this purchase months ago... I hate to think the worst about anyone but I'm a bit frustrated now... Some feedback would ease my mind...

Max
Max
A&H 3pc 57@28
A&H 2pc 58@28
BW SAII 58 @28
BW MAII 53@28
Dryad Orion Static RC 47@28
Toelke Whip 2pc 58@28
Cascade Golden Hawk Mag 65@27

Offline bruinman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Steve Catts hide handler
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »
He has some great looking stuff. I emailed him the other day to see what the wait time was, but I have not heard back from him.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 11:35:00 PM »
What did you order?
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline canuck4570

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 11:40:00 PM »
I ordered stuff from him 2 months ago
talked to him yesterday and he told me he has been sick lately
so I did not speak about my order and wish him well and to send me the order when it was completed
the order was a big amount of money
with this post I am getting nervous

Offline B3a5t

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 12:05:00 AM »
I ordered hill style I believe custom brown and black with arm guard and bow sling and the adjustable strap..it decked it out...
Like I said been over 7 months now.. Everytime I call it's weather or computer went down or health issues.. I'm trying to be patient but like i said I asked to just be refunded and he said he has no money ... But if he hasn't built my order why isn't there money...
Max
A&H 3pc 57@28
A&H 2pc 58@28
BW SAII 58 @28
BW MAII 53@28
Toelke Whip 2pc 58@28

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 12:27:00 AM »
This is something you need to be talking to Steve about. Not getting speculation or opinions from us.
I hope you get some answers.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 08:37:00 AM »
I hope Steve is alright and we find he's improving in health.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 08:47:00 AM »
It doesn't sound like any speculating is occurring. He asked for a refund and was denied. The internet can serve as a prod to force people into action due to peer pressure and reputation concerns. While reputations can be destroyed on the internet over misunderstandings, this situation reminds me of a once really good bowyer who had the sad end of taking money for bows and never making or sending them.

Assuming this is true, this is a helpful warning to anyone who may send $400 out, possibly never to see it again. I have 2 of Steve's quivers and was thinking about getting a super decked out high end one from him. But I certainly won't send out $400 until I hear more about this situation.

Offline canuck4570

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »
when I spoke with him 2 days ago he seemed in bad shape
hope its not to serious

Offline Babbling Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
Ordered a Go Lite with a Magnum style two finger snap on belt loop last spring and Steve got it out fairly quickly.  Just ordered over the phone. Good guy and really talented.  Hope he is not seriously ill and gets well soon.

Offline cedar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »
Steve has had health issues over the years past, but I have never known him to stick anyone.  He gets the orders out, I would not give up on him yet.

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 10:05:00 AM »
Originally posted by John49:
Steve has had health issues over the years past, but I have never known him to stick anyone.  He gets the orders out, I would not give up on him yet.
X2

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tradtical Commando

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 10:11:00 AM »
Whether he is sick or not, he owes you a service. If he is unable to provide you with said service, then he owes you a refund. You are doing no wrong by getting on here and reputation checking this guy. Every single person on here would feel and do the same as you in your shoes. I recently had an experience with a bowyer and finally eluded to telling my story with pics on here with another very disappointed customer. That would have crushed his business as it was 2 very true stories. He sent us full refunds. Of course during the time he also had every issue known to man for being consistently behind, and this is a recent burn, so I feel your pain and  may be sounding too harsh.

Offline B3a5t

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
Thank you all For feedback....I am not here to tarnish anyone.. I'm only a year into trad archery and  only know a handful of people here from bows that I have bought..so far 95% of the people ive dealt with are stand up honest people.. I will call steve tomorrow and ask again ..

Max
Max
A&H 3pc 57@28
A&H 2pc 58@28
BW SAII 58 @28
BW MAII 53@28
Toelke Whip 2pc 58@28

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »
I to was going to order a quiver from him, but did not because of the response I had on a thread I started similar to yours,
It's not because I was worried bout the quality. He was gonna call me on my quiver, that was 5/6 months ago
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Sirius Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 10:33:00 AM »
I ordered a quiver from him a few years ago. He did forget to make it at first, but he apologized all over himself, and got it done and to my door. The workmanship was excellent, and he seemed like a very nice person. I would buy from him again.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2014, 10:36:00 AM »
Originally posted by destructive_mechanic:
... Every single person on here would feel and do the same as you in your shoes.  ....
I would not like it but I, for one, would not go this route. Some will. Some won't. It's kinda hard to speak to what everyone would do. Steve may have bought the leather for the project(s) and health care costs may have drained his finances (ability to refund). He may not be physically able to the work until his health improves. We know not the exact circumstances.

Let's have faith that a positive outcome will result for all affected parties.

Respectfully submitted.

Offline shdwhwk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 10:41:00 AM »
Sorry to hear Steve is having health issues. Ordered a Sidekick III from him in Oct, been paid for. Was told it wouldn't be more than a couple months. Called last month, was told it was on the "pattern table" and it wouldn't be much longer.

It's good to see people stick up for him, there is comfort in that. But as someone who's been burned before by someone in the Tradition Archery community, it still makes me nervous to read this.

Hope Steve gets well

Offline Tradtical Commando

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2014, 10:47:00 AM »
QUOTE]I would not like it but I, for one, would not go this route. Some will. Some won't. It's kinda hard to speak to what everyone would do. Steve may have bought the leather for the project(s) and health care costs may have drained his finances (ability to refund). He may not be physically able to the work until his health improves. We know not the exact circumstances.

Let's have faith that a positive outcome will result for all affected parties.

Respectfully submitted. [/QB][/QUOTE]

You are certainly right with your positive attitude and outlook. I am indeed still peeved over my own recent similar experience. I work for myself providing a service to others and hold myself to such a high standard it is nearly impossible not to hold others to the fire for services I am paying to receive. I am an aggressive man and have drank too much coffee this morning, but still feel like it is this fellas duty as an honest man to make this right asap.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2014, 10:51:00 AM »
It's certainly understandable. Maybe this will kindle some action if it can be kindled.

:confused:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©