3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My name is Joe and I have arthritis...  (Read 582 times)

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: My name is Joe and I have arthritis...
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 02:58:00 PM »
by all means try the longbows  they put an entirely different set of pressures on the hand..  It just might extend your bow hunting life.
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline arrow flynn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 10:54:00 PM »
my motherinlaw gets a lot of relief from a salve made with an extract of cannabis oil.she has rheumatoid arthritis and my left shoulder don't hurt nomore.no one gets high when they use the salve and it takes the pain away.ok im ready for the flames.
Arrow_Flynn

Offline neuse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 07:18:00 AM »
My upper body is mostly ok, but my knees become very painful by the end of the day.

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 03:15:00 PM »
This may sound crazy but I know of a few people that had this problem.  They got off ALL wheat products, including pasta, bread, tortilla's, gravy - anything that had wheat in it.  In a few weeks they had MUCH improvements.  You really need to check labels on products as wheat is in many things.  
My wife and I are also off of wheat products and have dropped a lot of weight as well.
Give it a try, maybe it will work for you.
There is a good book called "Wheat Belly" worth reading.

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 03:35:00 PM »
Acolobowhunter is absolutely correct, but it's not the weat, its the gluten that is the problem, they have found out that gluten ravage's the body from the inside, so your totally unaware of what's going on, until it surfaces.

There are many, many human ailments that can be Cured totally, just by diet alone !, but it's a lifestyle change, and one has to be willing to go the extra mile !

Remember, for those that can, the food pyramid is wrong !
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »
I could not agree more.  However, wheat as we know it today is not the wheat of thousands of years ago.  
There are many aliments that could be cured by eliminating wheat in our diets. I know people that cut our wheat and dropped over a hundred pounds, but takes will power.  I actually went thru withdrawal symptoms getting off of wheat and pasta.
Anyway I hope this helps our bowhunting friends to continue a lifetime of shooting and good health.

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »
I was told by a homeopathic chiropractor that if you get heart burn after eating spaghetti, it is nine times out of ten, not the sauce but the noodles and you have an intolerance to gluten.  Going totally organic, other than wild game which is not organic in Iowa, and replacing the noodles with spaghetti squash, I can eat all of the spaghetti I want.

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 09:41:00 AM »
Check these out,

www.grainstorm.com

www.paleohacks.com/questoins/22780/how-has-wheat-changed-in-the-last-60-ye.html

Just posted this up and checked the links, they don't really take you where I wanted it too, but if you check the links on the pages they will show you the information.

Very informative about wheat, apparently there was only two or three types of wheat, and was not unhealthy to eat, but due to the constant manipulation of wheat there are now around 10,000 types of wheat ??????????. Amazing how we can screw things up in the pursuit to try and play G-D.

From what I gathered from all of this is, I will probably stop eating all wheat related products weather they are gluten free or not !, due to the fact that even the Gluten free stuff has been changed so much that it's just not natural anymore. That kind of sucks because I'm a heart patient and have had to give up a lot of foods for health and to avoid having to take any medicines, but you what ?, It's not that hard for me to do as I hardly eat any of it anyway, and it shows !

Good luck everyone !
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline jean-vincent

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2014, 05:46:00 PM »
my wife got poly arthritis . , on every articulation of her body , to help i've made a lot of things bigger for her it help with handling things .
perhaps a "bigger , wider" riser could help .
keep courage and good moral !!
jack of all trades , master of none !!
 http://lames-de-jv.e-monsite.com/

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©