3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Buffalo vs Tiburon  (Read 341 times)

Offline dshaliscak

• Trad Bowhunter
Buffalo vs Tiburon
« on: January 27, 2014, 06:02:00 PM »
About to buy a new bow and would like some opinions on the Hoyt Buffalo vs Tiburon?
David S.

Offline Fastltz

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Buffalo vs Tiburon
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »
I shot the buffalo atba dealer and was waiting on a Tiburon to come in. The buffalo was smooth and I draw 31 inch however for the money I would get a ******** ilf. Just my 2 pennys
1 Peter 3:15 ...always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.

Offline dshaliscak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 06:56:00 PM »
in your  opinion Fastlz what would a good recurve with ilf be?
David S.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 11:47:00 PM »
There are a lot of good ILF combo's,personal choice for me.I like the metal riser ILF,you can change grips if you want to fit your shooting.I have a 17" Morrison ILF metal riser with a few different limb sets.Some like the wood riser ILF,so many to choose from.I also have a Hoyt Buffalo,great bow also.It uses Hoyt Formula system,similar to an ILF but different.With an ILF you have a ton more limb choices.

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 12:39:00 PM »
Look at the Hoyt Excel Riser with black max wood or carbon limbs for a great intro to ILF. Really nice shooting bows, easy to tune up and simple as anything to get great arrow flight. I use a $2 hoyt pro hunter stick on rest and I can shoot just about anything out of it.

At the price, you can't beat it. Had a Hoyt dorado with an ILF conversion and this bow shoots better and is cheaper new.

I have a LONG 30-31 inch draw and shoot the 23" riser with 45# carbon limbs in medium for a 64" bow. It's the only bow I have now and I do all my hunting with it.
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 12:41:00 PM »
If I were to pick between the two I would go for the Tiburon.   That is just a cool looking rig. If you wanted upgraded limbs you will have fewer choices but Border makes aftermarket formula limbs. Sky used to make formula limbs to but they must have quit.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©