3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How is a blackwidow PA?  (Read 590 times)

Offline KillerBee

• Trad Bowhunter
How is a blackwidow PA?
« on: January 29, 2014, 04:02:00 PM »
I have a PCH and a KB. I love both bows! Just wondering how the PA compares? The PCH and KB that I own are both 58 inches long and 50lbs at 28. I Really have not noticed much of a diffrence between the two. The PCH has a little more mass but both shoot about the same. I shoot three under and use the gap method. Both bows use the same cant and have the same point of impact. I can easily use eighter and hit without any ajustment.

What can I expect from the PA? Thanks in advance gentlmen.

Offline jkm97

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How is a blackwidow PA?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 05:33:00 PM »
It's got a larger sight window, which might affect your cant, or not. Of course you'd probably want the PA a bit longer than the PCH/KB as well, with the longer riser, in order to keep about the same amount of working limb. And the PA is cut a bit more past center, so you'd likely need a stiffer arrow than you are currently using, or else build your side plate out.

Offline KillerBee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 07:28:00 PM »
Anybody else?

Offline e alexander

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
I owned a 58" PA, that I drew 27" and it was probably my favorite bow.  Wish I had kept it. I've also owned a KB and have shot the PCH. They are all great, but I really preferred the PA.

Offline shag08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 10:26:00 PM »
I've not had the opportunity to shoot the KB or the  PCH...but they are both on my bow bucket list.  I do own a PGA which is the model the PA is modeled after.  And I'll have to say that I love it.  It shoots just like my old SA takedown (which I wish I had never parted with).

As has already been stated, it does have a larger sight window which I kinda like.  Mine is 60" and it took a little experimentation for me to get it quitened down.  Great bows.  You won't be disappointed should you decide to purchase.

Offline KillerBee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 12:12:00 AM »
Ttt

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 04:49:00 AM »
I have a PA-X and I like that the riser is on the heavy side, bow is quick but you need a high brace height to quiet it down.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 09:00:00 AM »
Two words Freakin Awesome.
Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

Offline StickSlinger74

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 09:36:00 AM »
I am playing with a 60" PA and 60" PSA and have shot the PCH as well.  The PA is 53@28 and PSA is 52@28.  Both shoot the same arrow and are awesome!  The PA is a little lighter but shoots just as well.  I feel it's a personal preference as to which you want to shoot.  I really love both of them.  The PA is a sweet bow!

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »
I've owned PSAIII, PCHIII, and PA Cocobolo. I liked the PA best. I like the look of the 1-piece.  I can't say it shot any differently. My PA was a 58".

If I ever buy another Widow it will be a PAII, probably 60".

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 02:27:00 PM »
like shag08 i HAD a PGA i bought new, i loved that bow and killed a couple deer with it, but could never get it as quiet as my PSA's and sold it because of that, i REALLY wish i had just been more patient and worked on it more.. i would Love to have that bow back. if i were to buy another bow it would probably be a PAX osage...
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline KillerBee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »
Thanks for all the great info! For you guys that have shot a KB and PCH, what was diffrent about the PA, good or bad!

Offline KillerBee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 09:11:00 AM »
Ttt

Offline Will Cocke 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 02:31:00 PM »
I have them all.  They all shoot the same tune easily and shoot a wide variety of arrows.  The one pieces look better imo and are slightly quieter.  I shoot a canted bow and have never had a problem with sight window.  The PA is probably my favorite because I like a little heavier mass weight bow.  You will be more than happy with whichever decision you make.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 04:34:00 PM »
I love the PA, but gotta get my hands on a KB somehow.
Lon Scott

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 05:23:00 PM »
If your draw length is 28", then I believe the 62" PA is the best handling recurve you'd ever find. They all shoot very well, but the 62"er is just an excellent handling bow with the longer PA riser.
N/A

Offline KillerBee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 07:16:00 PM »
Both my KB and PCH are 58 inches long. I love that length and really would like to stay there. My draw length is just shy of 28.
 Can I stay at 58 with a PA and still have good performance?

Offline KillerBee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 10:39:00 PM »
Ttt

Offline shag08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 11:00:00 PM »
I don't see why a 28" draw would be a problem with a 58" PA.  BW says in the catalogue 58" limbs will work for 25" to 29" draw lengths.

I've never owned a 58" Widow but I do own all kinds of other manufacturers bows in 58" and shorter. I draw around 27".  I always have to keep a check on my finger placement or I'll pinch the nock...but that's just me, I've pinched em on 70" bows.  

I don't think a PA will stack on you and, as long as you watch your fingers on the string, it won't pinch.  I'd say go with the 58" PA.  If I wanted one and could afford it at the moment, I'd have one on my bow rack.  

You already know the quality of the bows that BW turns out.  You will not be disappointed with a 58" PA!

Offline KillerBee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2014, 12:51:00 PM »
Ttt

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©