3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: String length on Super Shrew Chamelon 60 incher  (Read 452 times)

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
String length on Super Shrew Chamelon 60 incher
« on: January 30, 2014, 12:48:00 PM »
I have a email into Ron but havent heard back I am looking to order a string on a new to me Shrew.  It is 60 inches long.  I did a search here and saw someone guess 57 inches but didnt sound for sure.  Does anyone know what there string length is and what brace height your 60 SS likes best?
Thanks,
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: String length on Super Shrew Chamelon 60 incher
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »
Ron will get back to you. He carries strings in his shop and probably has one on hand for that bow.  Out of all the strings I've tried on my Shrews of different style's, Ron's are the quietest in my opinion.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline danseitz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 07:04:00 PM »
I have a Super Shrew that's 60"  At a brace height of 7 1/2 inches, the string is 57 3/4 inches.
No matter how tough the cut of meat, you can always stick your fork in the gravy.

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »
if you can I would try to get one a hair shorter than rons, I have been shooting his for a few years and have noticed that they tend to stretch out a little to much for the final length.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 11:31:00 PM »
 if you can I would try to get one a hair shorter than rons, I have been shooting his for a few years and have noticed that they tend to stretch out a little to much for the final length.  
any string material will stretch. When it does you just twist it up to the proper brace height.

Here's an excerpt from the instructions that come with a new Shrew bow.

The brace height is suggested to be no lower than 7" up to 7.1/2" from string to the low spot on the grip.  When you first string your bow it may be higher than that but DO NOT untwist the string to the suggested 7".  The string will stretch after you shoot the bow for awhile at which time you can adjust it to the desired height.  If you untwist the string initially to lower the brace it may slip through itself and come apart  
String length for a 60" bow is just under 58"
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 08:40:00 AM »
Thank you very much everyone.  And especially Ron!
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 01:15:00 PM »
Ron i was trying to say that after stretching my strings are twisted up a little too much to get my bh.  It could be that i pull 63lbs and get a little extra stretch out of a 8 strand

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©