3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Just returned from west Texas...CONCLUSION.  (Read 987 times)

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just returned from west Texas...CONCLUSION.
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2014, 09:00:00 AM »
Thanks for update, we were due to be in camp the week before you guys but herniated back put kybash on that plan for this year, hauling dead pigs around not good for back. Jacob and Shawn run a great camp and I have hunted this place for 10yrs and never failed to fill the coolers yet. Sure missed it this year. Weather sure is hit and miss down there these years. Global warming seems more like global freezing when you get to Texas. 3yrs back Irish and I drove down and it was -38 f in Oklahoma! We had to wrestle with diel gas pump hose for 5 mins to get it to bend enough to put fuel in truck.

Gotta get Jacob to think about Feb and March in Texas and write off Jan.
hunt it

Offline Ryman Cat

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just returned from west Texas...CONCLUSION.
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 09:00:00 PM »
Might have been cold and a lot harder to hunt was thinking the whole time reading at least no snakes to contend with.

Great read thats what its all about. Getting there and getting on with it and not get it done but getting close and enjoying every minute and being satisfied in the end and wanting to go back.

Happy ending without the cherry. If you didn't see anything and the setup was bad then thats the bust. I had a TX experiance like that and told myself I'd never go back to Tx.some 20 years ago.

But I've gotten older now so my thinking has matured.LOL

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©