3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: your nemesis species...  (Read 1607 times)

Online Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: your nemesis species...
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 02:16:00 PM »
Big, High Country Mule Deer, I killed a bunch of sage brush bucks over the years. I'm talking about that timber line 30" Muley.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2014, 02:28:00 PM »
The extremely one sided ratio of harvest to the  multitudes of hunting pursuits has been awarded to the tormenting Gob.

While they are by far my favorite quarry, when I finally have an opportunity to draw, it seems to be with a fiery passionate vengeance.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 02:28:00 PM »
Bleedin' rabbits.  I have taken deer and coyote, but I can't hit Thumper to save my life.  Never been too swooft with bowfishing either.

Offline tradarcher816

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »
The only thing I seem to HAVE any luck with is squirrel... Outside of them everything else seems to best me.
Love God, Love your neighbor.

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »
Toss up between moose and Mt goat. 4 archery trips for moose and three for goats. Probably never hunt either again. They win!
Jack Shanks

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 02:53:00 PM »
The second woodcock. I got this one with an htm in flight, I missed the first two that day. I tried for three years to get him a companion, but it had to be in flight. Finally, I decided the first one was just luck and I gave up.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »
Just look to my UT elk thread  :rolleyes:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 03:08:00 PM »
I have to be different. For me it's groundhogs. I've missed outright, skimmed them under their belly, bounced a BH off of the top of their head, hit a cement block in front of their body, to name a few misses.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 03:09:00 PM »
Without a doubt it is a truly huge black bear-have hunted Canada 3 times for that specific purpose with outfitters that assured me they had big bears and I would get an opportunity. That is all I ask but never materialized because of poor outfitter/guides. Just wrong when the hunter knows more about the quarry and how to bait them than the quides and I hate it when the outfitter is a no show after you give them the money and you are stuck with the quide and baits that don't have any bears on them and/or you have to help the guide set up new baits. Urgh!
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2014, 03:09:00 PM »
I would love to get a mountain lion some day. I have never had one in bow range. I will try my best to get one someday.

My best friend was hunting a ground blind in South Texas and he had a lion come by broadside at 15 yards. I asked him why he did not shoot it, his reply "it never crossed my mind, I was in awe".

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »
Elk, elk and elk. The last one I killed was about 1990. I get into them all summer; come September, I am the elk anti magnet.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 03:17:00 PM »
Easy...TURKEY!  I've killed everything I've ever hunted for with my sticks except turkey.  I've hunted entire seasons without a chance at a bird, put the bow away and took the shotgun and shot the things from 10 yds. never knowing I was there!

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »
I've had 23 Colorado bear licenses and have yet to kill one.  I see them every year some times real, scary close but never in a shootable position.
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »
Hogs for me...been on two hog hunts a now and have yet to bring home pork...it is really starting to irritate me.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Tradtical Commando

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »
There is a nutria rat that has been caddy shacking me all over a drainage system by where I live.

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 03:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by Danny Rowan:
wild turkey and javalina, I hate them, LOL, shaved a lot of feathers and hair but just cannot seem to kill one. Kinda strange as I have killed quail with my bow and they are a whole lot smaller, lol.
THIS!!!

I've never managed a shot at Turkey, but have shaved many a Javelina belly & back. Just can't get one in the middle!
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Online mnbwhtr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
ELK! ELK! ELK! hunted elk 28 times in Colorado, Idaho, Montana and Washington. Everything that can, will go wrong. Killed one cow in Colorado and a cow in Washington.

Offline -snypershot317-

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 05:07:00 PM »
haha i have to agree with ceme24, what ever i seem to be hunting at the moment...although i usually can come up with some kind of game to bring home to freezer when i am able to put the time i need in...normally tho i have just a few hours to hunt...so i guess my true nemesis would be time
"Now then, get your weapons-your quiver and bow-and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me." ~Gen 27:3

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." ~Joshua 24:15b

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2014, 05:23:00 PM »
Wild Turkey in the spring with trad bow. Shot at a bunch even emptied my quiver at the same one once.

Went for 7 or 8 years then finally shot a fall turkey and was pumped. I thought great got the first one out of the way now I know I can hit them. It has been 6 years since that and have not got a shot in the spring or have missed them again when the opportunity came. Hate to admit it but even have trouble hitting the 3D turkeys.
PBS  Member

Offline BRONZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2014, 05:32:00 PM »
TURKEY!!!  I've yet to take one with my recurves.   I drilled one last year and a coyote got it before I recovered it.   I brought home his tail fan and put it on my decoy.
"He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze."
2 Samuel 22:35

Wheatland Christian Bowhunters--Chairman

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©