3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wintertime blues? Trad Gang time!!  (Read 601 times)

Offline achigan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wintertime blues? Trad Gang time!!
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 08:34:00 AM »
I'm working that day:(
Some state properties have archery ranges. The IDNR Recreation guide says that Greene-Sullivan has an Archery range. I don't kow what kind of shape it's in.
...because bow hunting always involves the same essentials. One hunter. One arrow. One animal. -Don Thomas

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 03:50:00 PM »
That's my weekend on at work, but it sounds like fun. Wish I could do it!
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2014, 06:41:00 PM »
First Saturday in April maybe? I think that would be the last Saturday shoot for Deer Creek/Cloverdale. May is the Spring Bear shoot on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and then in June is the big shoot. I could go for a day of stump shootin' about anywhere. The way the weather is going, it may be April before the snow melts!
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline achigan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2014, 09:05:00 PM »
I'll ask around about Greene/Sullivan and see what they hae to offer. My work sked is every other Saturday, BASICALLY.
...because bow hunting always involves the same essentials. One hunter. One arrow. One animal. -Don Thomas

Online mgf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »
I'm pretty open with enough notice.

Is there a link or something where one can get more info on the Cloverdale shoots...time, cost and whatever?

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 09:11:00 PM »
http://www.cloverdalenationals.com/schedule/deer%20creek%20archers%20schedule.htm
If the schedule doesn't come up, just go to the menu on the left  and click on Deer Creek Archers.
If you've never been, you need to go to the big shoot in June......always a good (and sometimes wet) time. I've shot a lot of ranges, but the range at Cloverdale is my favorite.
Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 09:16:00 AM »
I made an alcohol stove yesterday and today I'm fletching arrow. Doctor still will not let me shoot. Afraid I will pull the wires lose on my pace maker. also have my maps out planning next years hunts. Just making the best of what I got
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2014, 01:17:00 PM »
Yep, can't remember a more brutal winter since I was a kid (and that was a long time ago).
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2014, 05:54:00 PM »
We had a rabbit hunt for a couple of years but it went by the wayside. I miss it sometimes even though we only did it a couple of times. It filled a void.

We still have a few days to rabbit hunt and the weather is breaking a bit. At least you won't be putting your life a risk with sub zero temperatures!

I "scouted" for turkeys today at the closest reservoir. I just hoped for a sighting really thinking it should be easier to spot them with all the snow. It was basicly a drive through. They don't plow back there but a few other adventurous souls had already been there making it pretty easy for me and my little Ranger 4x4.

I snapped a few pictures. If I can figure out how to get them off my phone I will post them. There was a spot where a bird of prey had caught a cardinal. You could see where raptors wings had brushed the snow.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Online mgf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 05:08:00 AM »
There's a few more days of rabbit season left but it's already closed on state land...and that's all I have to hunt.

Sometimes I get some rabbits on the few acres I live on but we just don't have any this year.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©