3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Looking for Texas hog hunt  (Read 332 times)

Offline Sag daddy

• Trad Bowhunter
Looking for Texas hog hunt
« on: February 06, 2014, 07:14:00 PM »
Family and I are threatening to leave KC's freezing conditions and head to Texas in the fifth wheel.  Thought if we go might as well find a place to hog hunt and bring the bow.  If anyone knows of a good outfitter or knows someone that is trying to then out some hogs would love to hear from ya.  Don't even know what part of Texas we headed, just looking for a campground, warmth, and maybe a hog!
Thanks
Travis

Offline Fastltz

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Looking for Texas hog hunt
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 09:03:00 PM »
Ive been told jco is good. Its priced right at least.
1 Peter 3:15 ...always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 10:29:00 PM »
who is jco?
Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline Sag daddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 10:53:00 PM »
I called jco.  Lady was really nice.  It is an archery only ranch that specializes in whitetails.  They have hog hunts to fill in the gap, sound good and affordable.  Thanks

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
Look up Doc John, Sponsor here - Mule Creek Outfitters ( Missouri Sherpa)- doc has some great ranches in Odessa area. I've hunted them 6-7 times and never came home home without coolers full of hogs.
hunt it

Offline stickhorse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 10:41:00 AM »
2nd Mule Creek Outfitters, Doc will do you a great hunt.
As for Hunt It(David), he always brings home coolers full of something when he goes!

Offline Tim Finley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
I go to JCO every year, its my 14th . They have hogs and a good supply of Javelina . I think Brett has openings, the hunting starts on the 14th and goes for 7 days or less if you want . They are great guys and trad hunters 100% (although you may see some artficial bows in camp from other hunters). 5 from ND will be there.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »
Hey Colorado Bob, how's ya doing? Did not get down this year, herniated back in Sept - taking it easy - figured hauling dead hogs all over would not help my case. But have been hunting the same old ranch every year since last saw you. We've had good hunts, no shortage of hogs. I hunted the Blue rock stand last Jan on the Gloria ranch and your favourite water tower, killed a few and saw a monster at the water tower but he kept circling - needed a 45/70 to bust his ass.

Doc has both the Looney place and the University ranch leased. Good hogs on both. Many new spots and roads since you were there last.
hunt it

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 05:07:00 PM »
Just got back from the University Ranch last weekend.
Hunted a new feeder that Shaun & Jacob had set up & saw at least 16 hogs a night! If I were a better shot I'd have had to buy a new freezer  :D  Still, the one I got will keep me going for a while!
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 01:50:00 PM »
Guess I would have run out of arras Rob. 16 hogs a night, I gotta sit that one! Hopefully next year!
hunt it

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©