3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help get a teen set up  (Read 742 times)

Offline JD Page 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help get a teen set up
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »
Something smells awful bad here.
Assenheimer 62" 56 @ 28
Silvertip 60" 53 @ 28

Offline dhermon85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 11:06:00 PM »
Pretty fishy I'd say. The posts on LW have been closed.

Offline JD Page 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 11:15:00 PM »
Well that says it all then, total scam!
Assenheimer 62" 56 @ 28
Silvertip 60" 53 @ 28

Offline dhermon85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 11:33:00 PM »
The YouTube  is no good either

Offline foambeetle

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 11:34:00 PM »
Yeah, kind of smells like fraud . . . the donated stuff should be returned.  Taking advantage of the generosity of others is just flat wrong.

The cylinder that is partially shown in one of the pics on Justin Vinci's photobucket is shown in a pic on the LW in a post by "Traditionalist" from Jan. 1, 2014 (in a thread "Arrow shafts").  It shows it in the same bedroom as the one the kid is in (not an "adult neighbor"), and the other photobucket pics, and it is full of misc. arrows.

"Vincikids's" photobucket appears to have been emptied now.  Hard to not infer culpability from that.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 08:00:00 AM »
I am Soooooooo Cornfuzed!! Ya know, ya just cant Trust just everybody anymore.  Sad State  it is,  Very Sad.   :(    I Appreciate the Folks that have Helped Me out through the Years, and I am Willing to Help a Guy/Gal get started with whatever I have to Offer.  BUT................  SCAMS  are a  BAD  Thing!!  NOTHING  Worse than Being Lied To!!  :mad:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Online Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 08:55:00 AM »
It does smell fishy. I didn't send anything to him. He did give me a mailing address which happens to be about a 20 min drive from me in NY. I'm either going to check it out myself or have a friend of mine who is a state Trooper in that area check him out. It's funny too, that the "teens" name is the same as his. And the address he gave me is one of the wealthiest communities in the entire COUNTRY!!!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Online Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »
The thing that burns my @$$ is that I put out a similar post over the summer. TG members came out of the woodwork to help. Now, it turned out to be a bust as the the moms boyfriend didn't want the kids hanging with a cop. But the stuff that was given to me, I donated to the JLMBH St Jude's raffle.

Stuff like this makes it hard for the people who really want to help.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline aim small...release

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
Hope you guys find the real truth on this. Ive been following this thread and cant believe someone would do this to a community like this. To brighten everyone up a little thank you for all you guys have helped with info wise. Thanks to this group and this sight I have became a better hunter since loseing my wheels and enough knowledge to pass along to help others out. Thanks
Take a deep breath and pick a spot

Offline Tradtical Commando

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 10:51:00 AM »
This all seems super crappy…

To brighten some moods I am gonna share my trad hard up story-

After getting banged up over seas on a NG deployment I spent the next couple years having 6 surgeries and insane amounts of physical therapy. All of this immediately after getting married, having my first child, and just having bought a new home. I had 0 income and a new family depending on me all during a time that I couldn't even force myself to walk without a limp without undergoing immeasurable pain.
 I lived by using my savings money and using it to day trade on the stock  market for a bit. Another surgery during that time and I was unable to keep up with the market enough to make any money. Another 6 months and the savings went dry. When I was able between all the medical crap I took whatever work I could get to try and pay down some of the credit we were scraping by on.
 I took a 3 month civilian contractor gig in Iraq and was able to pay down some of our credit debt we were using to survive. During that time there were Golden Jackals everywhere (I could have hunted them from the door to my room)and I though to myself,"I need a bow to take with me on these trips so I can try to do a little hunting on these military posts without getting shot at.
 I get home and all the money I made had been used solely to pay off a little bit of our growing mountain of debt(talk about feeling helpless). There was no way I could even think about affording a compound bow(all I thought there was at the time), but I remembered an old browning recurve I had in the back of a closet.
 I posted to a MS forum I enjoyed call bullnettlenews.com (great forum for south easterners) asking if anyone could do anything with a recurve. A fella named stringwacker started posting pictures of ever critter known to man he had shot with them. He then invited me over and offered to help me get set up. Its hard to remember but I think I may have eluded t the fact that I was in dark times and couldn't afford much.
 I drove the hour drive to his house thinking that I shouldn't be burning the $$ in gas and those few dollars should be going to feeding my family instead. My wife made me go though.
 I pull up into his driveway driving a new looking (i take care of my stuff) BMW 5series (times were good before I got hurt and could afford it then, after the injury I couldn't afford it, but couldn't afford to be without a vehicle either). Mark comes out and of course taking note of the fine car I am driving(he could have easily thought I was some sapsucker trying to get something for free). He didn't judge though. Instead he took me in, taught me how to straighten the limbs on my old bow, taught how to shoot, and sent me home with a hand me down glove, some 175gr field points, some 175gr zwickey broad heads, and a couple arrows. I shot those 2 arrows for a long time.
 Eventually I was able to buy me a half dozen easton game getters. A couple years later my disability finally came in from the VA. I eventually healed up, sort of. I have since started my own company, paid off all our debt, and am able to provide for my family once again and have a stable life.
 I have since lost the arrows Mark gave me, moved on to a better set up and everything else. But I still shoot with that glove most of the time and it serves as a content reminder. What Mark did for me was the single greatest act of kindness anyone has ever done for me, and it was in my lifes darkest hour when I didn't see a light at the end of any tunnel. The time following that day meeting Mark was mainly spent shooting that bow, and it became a lot more to me than just trad shooting. It was an escape from some dark stuff going on inside of me.
 Without those freedoms that that bow provided me I don't know where I would be today, if here at all.
 I know that no one understands, but that simple gesture of kindness and the freedom it gave me, provided me with a solid footing in my darkest hour. Thank you Mark.
 Moral of my story: Don't let some shady business make you afraid of helping someone, especially in person. What is a simple gesture t you may be a lot more to someone else.

Offline aim small...release

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2014, 12:38:00 PM »
great post. that will ease alot of minds.
Take a deep breath and pick a spot

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2014, 12:58:00 PM »
While I have sold three bows on here, I would have had more fun if I gave them away.  A few years ago, I posted a free bow available on the LW.  The only thing I asked was that it go to someone that had someone else that was in need and would help that person with the things that did not go along with the bow, like a shooting tab and cut the arrows to length,ect.  I got totally flooded, I am still not sure, if I was hoaxed or not by the recipient.  Since then, I only give bows, arrows and archery supplies in person.  Even then, locally, I set up a kid with a complete Hill package and I had well off compound shooters come to my door.  The rumor was that I was quitting and giving it all away. The truth was I paid $450 for the bow, built the arrows and bought new leather goods from Hill archery. One said and I quote " I'm not sure your junk is worth my time, but I wanta check it out first before I agree to take it off your hands."  The other said, "you don't want it to go someone that don 't know how to hunt."  They then proceeded to tell me how much land that they had locked up just for them, so that was why they should have first pick.  They did get off my property unharmed.

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2014, 08:11:00 PM »
Christopher,  thank you.
peter Osimanti

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 08:29:00 AM »
This is the kind of stuff that was happening on the classifieds....now looks like this is the 1st one trying it on the PowWow...

I need for every true loving member of TradGang to be aware to alert us of these type of threads....we don't do give aways  or pleads for items for this very reason.

This member has been banned.

Thanks,

T
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©