3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Looking for a trad friendly Nebraska Whitetail Hunt  (Read 293 times)

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
Looking for a trad friendly Nebraska Whitetail Hunt
« on: February 07, 2014, 11:48:00 AM »
Been wanting to take a Nebraska hunt for whitetails for a few years now.  Anyone have any suggestions for an outfitter/guide - or farm that has good animals and knows a litle about catering to traditional bowhunters?  Thanks
Everything has a price - the more we accept, the more the cost

Caribow Tuktu ET 53# @ 27 Inches
Thunderhorn takedown longbow 55# @ 27
Lots of James Berry Bows

Offline Straightshaft

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Looking for a trad friendly Nebraska Whitetail Hunt
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 01:46:00 PM »
It's tough around here since the EHD decimated the population a year ago.  Some guys have shot some nice bucks this year but many never saw a thing.  

Plenty of public land for a DIY hunt.

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »
Hello Dave,

I can't give you an outfitter.  But I will say that the south western part of the state has both whitetail and mule deer.  They're in a zone where the two species meet.

The cool thing about that is your tag is either good for a mulie or whitetail buck and/or a whitetail doe.

The unfortunate part is that area is also in a mule deer conservation district as the state is trying hard to protect the numbers they have.  So there is a limited number of permits issued each year, usually around June.

There is public access, easy to find, all you need to do is look up Nebraska Game and Parks website.  They have a state wide map of all the walk-in areas.

Or you can give any of the offices a call and they'll help you along.

You may also want to throw a line out in the Nebraska state forum towards the bottom of the home page.  I'm sure some one will be happy to help you.

Good luck!

-Jeremy  :coffee:
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline tradlab

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 05:14:00 PM »
I was out hunting turkeys on a friends ranch in the sand hills last spring where we usually see lots of whitetails and was shocked to see that every whitetail on the ranch had died of ehd. The neighboring ranch usually held about 30 whitetail but I only saw three there.Found carcasses every where including an impressive 8 pt. Very sad.

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 08:06:00 PM »
X2 on minimum deer.  We were told that EHD was estimated to have killed 78% of the herd SE portion of state. I'd wait a couple of years.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©