3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Just got my order in from 3r...  (Read 392 times)

Offline JB74nola

• Trad Bowhunter
Just got my order in from 3r...
« on: February 08, 2014, 08:22:00 AM »
Ordered shafts flights nocks and broadheads for my first set of hunting woodies. My order went out on the 5th but tracking didn't pick it up till it was delivered fri while I was at work. Excited that my order came in I stopped and picked up stains lacquer and cresting paints as well as dies to color my flights. I got home to find a package on my front porch that looked like it was dragged around under a forklift with USPS tape all over it that read "received in damaged condition". Inside was a bundle of shafts, two dozen shield cut flights, 6 ma Classic broadheads, and a dozen nocks. Well there was supposed to be instead I recieved a bundle of oval shafts, yes they were all smashed and shattered. The flights were all crumpled. The broadhead collars were all mishapen, and the nocks... Not only were there only eight, but they were all smashed. There was no postage paid return slip and upon calling I find out that they are closed all weekend. Now I have to wait till Monday for their customer service the send me a new postage slip so I can return the damaged goods. This leads to my real issue... Those hunting arrows I was building were for my FIRST pig hunt THIS weekend coming up. I figured I would have plenty of time to build my first 6 hunting arrows by then.  So here I am in damaged goods limbo wondering if I'll even get to go hunting this weekend.
Here piggy piggy piggy...

-Jesse 62" Mahaska longbow 62@27"

Online NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just got my order in from 3r...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
That would be frustrating.
Why not use your older arrows for the hunt?  These were your first set of woodies, so they must be replacing some aluminum or carbons, which you're more familiar with, especially for a hunt so soon.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »
Procrastination will get you, lol. 3rivers are great folks and will make it right. Hope you get to stick a pig.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 09:16:00 AM »
Also might get a set of wood arrows from a sponsor here, or even a half dozen. Some have sets already made. There are some excellent fletchers whose prices on a no frills set are very reasonable. Or pick up an inexpensive test kit of four or six arrows. Just putting out some options to get you shooting woods in time for your hunt.

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 09:17:00 AM »
Also might get a set of wood arrows from a sponsor here, or even a half dozen. Some have sets already made. There are some excellent fletchers whose prices on a no frills set are very reasonable. Or pick up an inexpensive test kit of four or six arrows.
You'll get reimbursed for the damaged shipment, so you won't really be out much $ at all.
 Just putting out some options to get you shooting woods in time for your hunt.

Offline JB74nola

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »
I have a test set 4 dif spines then I have some mismatched arrows given to me when I got bow to practice with. Things are tight here atm, with all the expenditures of a first time hunt there is nothing left to purchase more and I couldn't afford completed arrows, hence why I was hoping to get a half dozen built in time for my hunt. The worst part of it all is, when I called the CS number he mentioned that they had already been informed that the package had been damaged before the postal service had even received it. I'm at a loss and I guess I just needed to vent before my frustrations caused my head to implode. I'm going out to thump some tree rats maybe that will make me feel better...

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 11:01:00 AM »
Give us your arrow set up and maybe someone can loan ya some arrows....
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 11:34:00 AM »
Originally posted by mike g:
Give us your arrow set up and maybe someone can loan ya some arrows....
This!
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 12:45:00 PM »
Jesse I have a few carbons and bunch of Alum.all 29"2018/2016/1916 if you want to drive to Ville Platte can even lend a bow if these do not fit yours.Let me know my cell.Kip

Offline JB74nola

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »
I'm shooting 55-60's 27" to BOP with 145 grain points the best I think 2018's would work. Let's see what 3r is going to do before I do anything. You guys rock <3 tradgang!

Offline JB74nola

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 11:34:00 AM »
3r is making it right and I have a few arrows for this weekend. When I get my new set built I'll post pics  :)  and if I bag a pig you'll see it too!

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 12:02:00 PM »
Very cool, good luck on the porkers.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 05:04:00 PM »
I've had nothing but good luck ordering from 3R.  I try to order the majority of my trad archery stuff from there unless they just simply don't have it.  

Good luck on your hunt this weekend
>>>--------->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©