3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Maine Guide Recommendation  (Read 355 times)

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
Maine Guide Recommendation
« on: February 09, 2014, 11:51:00 AM »
A few of us are looking to head to Maine for  a Bear hunt this fall.  Looking for a few guide recommendations that specialize dealing  with traditional hunters.  Visited the Sportsman Show in Harrisburg yesterday and most seem to be gun hunters that could accommodate bow hunters.  Especially trad hunters.
T ZZZZ

Offline Cy14561

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Maine Guide Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
Me and my buddy's went last year with Tylor Kelly Camps in allagash mn had a great time, I didn't get a bear but maybe this year. Wade is a traditional bowhunters and his wife Sue and him will do whatever they can to get you on a bear and they are great people. His set ups are perfect for traditional archery, and the country is awesome. Me and my buddy's did the self guided hunt we had a blast, and his guided hunts are very reasonable as well, and there restaurant is really good. Check them out

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »
Tony Boucher at Squapan Mountain Outfitters. I went last year and am booked again this year. Great guy, guides and set up.

http://squapan.homestead.com/home.html

Offline squapan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 02:11:00 PM »
Tracker12, I think here at Squapan We have what your looking for!

please call or email us with any questions yoy might have. CY is also right! Wade kelly is also a great guide! He wil also work his tail off for ya!
Tony
Squapan Mountain outfitters
207-764-7844
T boucher/squapan

Online Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »
X2 for Squapan.  Hunted with them 3 times, had shot opertunities each time.  The bear in my Avitar was a 365 lb boar taken with them in '12.  I shot him after I passed on a 200 lb bear a half hour earlier.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 04:57:00 PM »
Many of our UBM members have had successful hunts with Tony Boucher.
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 06:46:00 PM »
Thanks for the recommendations and please keep them coming if others have had good experiences with others.  Would like to support a site sponsor if possible.
T ZZZZ

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
Hunter's Point has been a perennial favorite and prefers catering to bow hunters. However, Phil Allen now owns Hunters Point and my wife will be redoing their website. Phil is also a trapper so he knows  his way around the woods and is just an all around good guy. He can be reached at 207-894-2248 at home or on his  cell at 207-615-2691. As soon as we get the website started we will, again, be a sponsor on Tradgang. The new name for Hunters Point will in all likelihood be Mountain View Guide Service.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 07:44:00 PM »
Tony at squapan is top notch!!!!  I spent a week with the fella chasing moose, great guy, great family, beautiful country.  Tony also shoots a recurve and host the Black widow guys for hunts.
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline Alvey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »
ttt
Hard work spotlights the character of people:some turn up their sleeves,some turn up their noses,and some don’t turn up at all.(Sam Ewing)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©