3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Double Bull rods keep coming out  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
Double Bull rods keep coming out
« on: February 09, 2014, 05:42:00 PM »
It's like Double Bull has packed up and moved to China or something. Cannot get them to return calls or emails....

Whenever I pack my double bull dark horse blind up, the poles come out of their pockets, making a real quick and fun job of putting the blind away for transport. Maybe the pole are too short?  How do I prevent this?  It's not every pole but it's most of them.

justin
Hill

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Double Bull rods keep coming out
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
primos owns double bull now.  they will honor your warranty though.  They have sent plenty of replacement rods for my matrix.  all I have to pay is shipping.
peter Osimanti

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »
Not sure about all. . . but my older DB actually has adjustment on the hubs to slightly lengthen or shorten rods.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 06:56:00 PM »
Sounds like you don't have enough tension on the rods, does your have the straps on the inside to put more compression fabric/ Don't mess with the strings unless it's a last resort. Also the newer ones have metal caps on the rods instead of the plastic balls, are they popping out of those? If so I wonder if you could super glue them on.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 07:07:00 PM »
That seems very strange.  I'm not sure how that can happen unless the hub has come loose from the side of the blind.  As was mentioned Primos owns Double Bull and I have had no problems with service from them.
T ZZZZ

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 07:10:00 PM »
I've had the same problem too and not very impressed with the supposed state of the art blind.  I don't even use mine anymore.   :confused:
Lon Scott

Offline tomcat8910

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 07:43:00 PM »
You can turn the hub assemble to lengthen or to shorten the the rods a little.

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
mamba : how do you get ahold of them ?
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »
So I had a double bull matrix back when they were owned by double bull.  I also had the same problem.  It was my mistake.

I had strings running from the top corners down to the hubs.  Well, I thought they may be in the way when trying to shoot.  So I untied them.  Big mistake.  They held the top portion of the blind to the bottom portion.

I also had the issue of my poles coming out when I'd try and set it up.  I retied the strings and no problem.

Except that it's windy in western Nebraska.  But that's a story for another day...

-Jeremy  :coffee:
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »
Are the poles coming out of the hubs as well?  If so, the hub or round nob on the hub end of the pole are broken.  On mine, the hub is fastened to the blind with a tie down screw from the outside.  If that's not there, there's nothing to hold the fabric go the hull and nothing to stop the entire assembly from pulling away from the wall when taking the tent down, causing your poles to pull out of the pocket.

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 09:45:00 PM »
Hub is attached. ROds are held in the hub.

I think the rods are too short and easily come out of the pockets. LOve the blind but I think I just need some longer rods. Simple enough. I think I even have a couple laying around.

Man, these suckers are a mess when they come apart!!!! I have the T2 and the dark horse. I suppose they both have their place......
Hill

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 10:05:00 PM »
How hard are the walls and roof to push them out? If you don't have to put much pressure on them to get them to engage, I would say that you don't have the tension adjusted stiff enough. I have owned them since they first came out and the only time I've had an issue with what you describe, is when the tension on the wall is to soft.
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2014, 10:07:00 PM »
You lengthen the rods by turning the hubs.  This tightens the sides, etc.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline huntnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2014, 10:10:00 PM »
Sounds like your straps are not adjusted right.
Bear Grizzly 50#@28

Offline tradarcher816

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 05:30:00 AM »
Have the same trouble with my "double wide" it sucks cause I like the blind I just can't get it to work. I reached primos once but now I can't get them again. First they told me to put the rod back in and if it kept happening they'd fix it,..just never told me they would be so hard to reach.
Love God, Love your neighbor.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 08:25:00 AM »
I had an issue with a Primos Archery Vest or at least a complaint and got quick response.  but that was a couple years back.  

This year, Primos didn't even show up at the large Sport Show in Harrisburg, along with Bass Pro.  BP said they're pulling out of all shows nationally due to funding issues.

The original owners of Double Bull were incredible with CS when I bought my DB T5 Recurve Model.  It was so hard to pop the hubs into place, I gave up and it didn't seem to work well on Eastern Whitetails around here... took so much brushing in, might has well have built a ground blind...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »
Jutin:  From what you describe, it does seem like your poles are too short.  Not familiar with the "straps" on the Dark Horse model.  I suppose they keep the fabric stretched more taughtly over the poles. Regardless, doesn't seem there should be that much play in the system.   Did you compare the length of the poles that frequently fall out to the length of those that don't?  Perhaps theyh're making their pole pockets or sleaves shorter than they used to. I'm at a loss.    :dunno:

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 05:28:00 PM »
Well for starters I know that Primos bought Double Bull. Customer service stinks in my opinion.

I am thinking that the pulls may be the right length but just not adjusted. THe fabric is pretty tight but not REAL tight. How do I adjust the tension on the fabric???
Hill

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 05:29:00 PM »
I should compare the length of the poles that fall out with those that don't. Great idea.
Hill

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 05:39:00 PM »
Holy cow, $521 MSRP for their new blind with the double wide door. Even though this blind is made overseas. Pretty bad....
I like my 3 original double bull blinds though.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©