3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: fastflight on Bear recurve?  (Read 169 times)

Offline gordydog

• Trad Bowhunter
fastflight on Bear recurve?
« on: February 10, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
Anyone put fastflight strings on Bear Grizzly recurves?  If you do,  are the loops padded?

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: fastflight on Bear recurve?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 08:39:00 PM »
If it's an older one, they better be padded. Not sure when you could do FF. My guess would be after the move to Gainesville some time. Someone here will know for sure!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 09:16:00 PM »
I don't think any Grizzly (even a 2014) comes with FF or is officially listed as FF compatible.

The newer Super Grizzlys do come with FF.  I don't know what year they switched.

I know more than one person who has shot old Grizzly's with padded FF strings for years with no issues.  I personally would not do it on the real old ones with the paper micarta tips.  I shoot B-50 or B-55 on mine but wouldn't worry about using FF with padded loops on phenolic tips.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Online jr1959

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 09:21:00 PM »
I picked up a used 1970 grizzly and didn't like the way it felt in the hand when shooting.  It turns out it had a fast flight string.  I put a B-50 on it and it shot much nicer.  Good Luck, JIM
'59 Kodiak 45# Gainesville 60" LH
Jim Hoker Woodspirit Bows 60#, 55#, 48#
Fox Royal Crown 62” 44#
Fox Longbow 66” 40#

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©