3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: production bow  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Echo62

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: production bow
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2014, 07:18:00 PM »
Martin/Howatt Hunter.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2nd Timothy 1:7.

Offline gonefishing600

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 09:46:00 PM »
I'm not sure how you classify a production bow, but my definition is, bows that can only be purchased in 5 pound increment. So here are the bows I've owned that only sell in 5 pound increment.

I have owned 2 Savannah's, 3 Martin Bamboo Vipers,  1 Bear Montana, and one Tomahawk SS Diamond series.

I still own the Tomahawk and in my opinion is number one, with the Bamboo Viper running a close second.
JD Berry Argos 64" 48#&28"
Toelke Classic Whip 64" 46#@28"
Acs one piece 64" 46#@28"
BlackWidow PLX 66" 46#@28"

Offline Harry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2014, 10:47:00 PM »
Damon Howatt Hunter x2

Online Ulysseys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2014, 11:30:00 PM »
Hoyt buffalo
Type inspirational or witty quote here

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2014, 11:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by gonefishing600:
I'm not sure how you classify a production bow, but my definition is, bows that can only be purchased in 5 pound increment. So here are the bows I've owned that only sell in 5 pound increment.
Heck, that makes my Brownings, Ben Pearsons and Red Wing Hunters custom bows!  There is no MORE production of a bow than those of Ben Pearson.  He/they used one or two "X"es before or after the weight to show what it really drew.  That's just truth in labeling.  And my Wing Hunters are 41#, 46# and 47#.  My favorite Browning is marked "52#@28".

If you get to choose the color of your new Ford F-150 and pick the upgraded rim option B it's not a custom pick-up.  You just selected production option packages.  My definition of a custom is you talk to the bowyer and he starts to design the lay-up jig for your bow.  Not someone punches "B7" into the duplication lathe after clamping "wood C" on the table and a riser identical to 10,000 prior risers drops out; and then "A3" limbs in "wood D" are bolted to it.

If an existing jig or pattern is used for all all  the bow or components - it's just a production option.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2014, 02:45:00 AM »
Wing red wing or slim line. My slim line is over 39 and still going strong
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline gonefishing600

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2014, 08:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by Stumpkiller:
My definition of a custom is you talk to the bowyer and he starts to design the lay-up jig for your bow.  Not someone punches "B7" into the duplication lathe after clamping "wood C" on the table and a riser identical to 10,000 prior risers drops out; and then "A3" limbs in "wood D" are bolted to it.

If an existing jig or pattern is used for all all  the bow or components - it's just a production option.
And I agree, but I didn't feel like typing all of that out. The bow I mentioned meet the criteria you mentioned above. And guess what, if they sell in only 5 pound increment, you don't get to talk to the bowyer about the design and the lay-up, and the different woods. I was hoping you could read between the lines. I apologize for not being so precise in my description.  

I knew I was going to get beat up over it.    :knothead:
JD Berry Argos 64" 48#&28"
Toelke Classic Whip 64" 46#@28"
Acs one piece 64" 46#@28"
BlackWidow PLX 66" 46#@28"

Offline -snypershot317-

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »
i was kinda letting this fly by what others thought of as a production bow. for some it may mean weights in 5# increments, for others it may be pre-made jigs/forms used. i know for me i consider anything that a normal archery shop would carry a production bow. that means if i can walk into my local shop, and order it from them or from a vendor of them, then it is a production bow. very loose terms i know, but the brands i was thinking of, no particular order, were in the lines of: bear, samick, pse, martin, hoytt, damon howatt, cartel, tomohawk, das, etc...again because i can basically hop online or talk to my shop and order any one of these in my desired weight, and not talk to a bowyer and wait ~6 months for my bow to come in...lol. so its kinda up to the poster on what one deems a produtction bow...shoot i think i  even saw a couple mention bob lees and blackwidows on here...   :rolleyes:
"Now then, get your weapons-your quiver and bow-and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me." ~Gen 27:3

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." ~Joshua 24:15b

Offline Treefrawg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »
Ive owned a 50# Hoyt Buffalo for about 5 months now. Love it!
"OBEDIENCE TO TYRANNY IS A SIN AGAINST HUMANITY"

Offline NIGEL01

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2014, 05:35:00 PM »

My problem with custom bows is I have NO patience.  I see it I want it now.  From top to bottom:
New 59er most beautiful
1972 kmag best hunting bow
New Bear T/D is the coolest
And finally my two Browning Furys are my best performers, smooth and fast.

Offline swamper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2014, 11:28:00 AM »
Damon Howatt Hunter

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2014, 11:46:00 AM »
My first trad bow was an old Martin Howatt Hunter.... I've owned a ton of recurves and longbows since then and few, if any, out performed that old bow.
Everything has a price - the more we accept, the more the cost

Caribow Tuktu ET 53# @ 27 Inches
Thunderhorn takedown longbow 55# @ 27
Lots of James Berry Bows

Offline jr1959

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »
I have bought the new '59 Bear Kodiak and I am very happy with it.  I would also not hesitate to buy a Martin Hunter.  Jim
'59 Kodiak 45# Gainesville 60" LH
Jim Hoker Woodspirit Bows 60#, 55#, 48#
Fox Royal Crown 62” 44#
Fox Longbow 66” 40#

Offline ghoster808

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »
I would get a ILF riser and limbs from 4he mwny out there and Lego together a bow. If ILF is not allowed then a Bear Kodiak TD or a Predator.
"Till The Wheels Fall Off"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©