3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Knife on a Back Quiver Strap?  (Read 354 times)

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
Knife on a Back Quiver Strap?
« on: February 13, 2014, 08:39:00 PM »
Got this Idea, I have a Small Norwegian Knife Blade I made a Slick Little Knife out of, and am thinking of adding it to the Bottom of my Shoulder Strap down at the Bottom. Anybody done this before?
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Todd Greenwald

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Knife on a Back Quiver Strap?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »
I have a small Asbell neck knife that I attached to the bottom of my strap on my basket quiver.  It's always there when I need it.
Michigan Longbow Association
USMC 1992-2000

Offline Lineman72

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 10:24:00 PM »
Art vincent of cedar ridge put a sheath on my bq strap. He placed it on the strap where my heart is. I thought it might get caught drawing the bow, but it doesn't. The knife sits with the handle up and blade down. Very easy for me to draw my knife and still hold the bow.
Form form form
Fun fun fun

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 10:33:00 PM »
I had a small knife on my back quiver strap when I was using one. it was a small knife that had a horizontal carry sheath.

When it was mounted on the strap it was vertical and held tight to the strap. It rode very nice and was never in the way of shooting.

Sorry I don't have any pics. to show of it. It is something I would do again if I ever went back to a back quiver.

bretto

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 01:37:00 AM »
Sure have,exact same knife to be exact.It was my grandfathers from Finland.It turned out real nice.Its actually on my Haversack strap.I could send you a pic if your interested.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 04:55:00 AM »
Sure! Would like to see the pic! I am thinking of mounting mine Vertically, so the Handle will be up. The Leather I have soaking now, to form fit it around the knife in the morning, is big enough I can trim it to the exact size I need to stitch it on.
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©