3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Arrow Dynamic Trads No more?  (Read 507 times)

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Arrow Dynamic Trads No more?
« on: February 14, 2014, 06:28:00 PM »
Any body know? They are gone from 3R's site, no longer on Raptor site. Can't find any.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Arrow Dynamic Trads No more?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 06:49:00 PM »
I do not know, they are not listed on the AD website. I know that the Nitro Stingers are still made. Contact 3Rivers or Ted and I am sure they can answer your question.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Online Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 07:01:00 PM »
Still made. Just ordered 2 doz from the mfg. Call him or email. He just ran a batch.

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 07:04:00 PM »
They are on their website.

http://www.nitrostinger.com/products.cfm

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 07:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hermon:

Been there can't find the black.

Online Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 07:17:00 PM »
There is more demand for the heavy wood grain version. Personally it's kind of frustrating people keep jumping on the heavy arrow wagon. there is a limit. The AD black is actually pretty heavy gpi.  For whitetails a 575-600 grain arrow is plenty!!!  I'm really not sure what kind of zombies we need heavier arrows for. That black AD shaft give great arrow weight and awesome performance. I'm not an elk hunter (only because of pocketbook) but I've blown through deer from every angle with arrows under 600 gr.  I don't like the weight of the woodgrain AD. Just dogs down my whole set-up. Can't hit anything. i remember when bullet mfgs were really pushing heavier weight bullets for standard deer calibers and harder jackets, more penetration, less expansion. I thought it odd because I was already shoot through deer. Now as bullets are better, solid copper and such like barnes. They make more loads are for lighter weight bullets.
The woodgrain ones are so easily available, I'm tempted to try the woodgrain lites just to see if they work. My draw is pretty long. My bow is 51lb @29 drawn to 31". Probably too weak.
Sorry, not sure where that rant came from!
Tedd

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 07:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tedd:
There is more demand for the heavy wood grain version. Personally it's kind of frustrating people keep jumping on the heavy arrow wagon. there is a limit. The AD black is actually pretty heavy gpi.  For whitetails a 575-600 grain arrow is plenty!!!  I'm really not sure what kind of zombies we need heavier arrows for. That black AD shaft give great arrow weight and awesome performance. I'm not an elk hunter (only because of pocketbook) but I've blown through deer from every angle with arrows under 600 gr.  I don't like the weight of the woodgrain AD. Just dogs down my whole set-up. Can't hit anything. i remember when bullet mfgs were really pushing heavier weight bullets for standard deer calibers and harder jackets, more penetration, less expansion. I thought it odd because I was already shoot through deer. Now as bullets are better, solid copper and such like barnes. They make more loads are for lighter weight bullets.
The woodgrain ones are so easily available, I'm tempted to try the woodgrain lites just to see if they work. My draw is pretty long. My bow is 51lb @29 drawn to 31". Probably too weak.
Sorry, not sure where that rant came from!
Tedd
I hear ya! Just got a new to me bow today and played with it for an hour or so. Shot a few arrows nothing impressed me, haven't done any tuning yet. Had a black trad heavy cut 30" screwed a BH on it, perfect flight! Time after time in the middle. Come in to look for some, nada!

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 07:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by daveycrockett:

Originally posted by Hermon:

Been there can't find the black. [/b]
Sorry bout that.  Saw "trads" but didn't see "black" in original post   :knothead:   .

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 07:36:00 PM »
Contact Gary hall D&M arrows on here his work is superb and I know he's a dealer of them cause I have some headed my way soon I believe his handle is GHALL80 On here
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 07:44:00 PM »
3Rivers still has all of the Arrow Dynamics shafts, Black Trad, Trad Lt and Trad Extra Lite plus all the wood grain trad and hammerhead trad shafts.  Don't know why they are not showing online.  But they are all available and in stock.
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 07:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by dino:
3Rivers still has all of the Arrow Dynamics shafts, Black Trad, Trad Lt and Trad Extra Lite plus all the wood grain trad and hammerhead trad shafts.  Don't know why they are not showing online.  But they are all available and in stock.
Good to hear. I did a product search on 3R's, nothing.

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 08:08:00 PM »
Sent ya a pm daveycrockett
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
Just went back on 3R's. The shafts are there now???? Go figure.  :confused:

Online Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 10:02:00 PM »
Yeah they are on there now. I really would go back to wood shafts if I couldn't get those. Like I said I got 2 doz coming. If those are good I'm going to stock up on about 3 doz more in a few months. I ordered mine 32 1/2" long.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »
From my 52-58# bows, the Black Trad Lites fly super. I made up 6 for small game and stump shooting.

I draw 27", cut them 28.5". Installed nock adapter and glue on nock, 100 grain brass insert, 35 grain BHA and with 125 gr heads, gives me 255 grains up front and total arrow weight of 600 grains.

More than enough for any big game animal and they fly like darts out to 40 yds.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©