3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: best ilf limbs for hunting and target  (Read 3142 times)

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: best ilf limbs for hunting and target
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 01:33:00 AM »
Originally posted by Fastltz:
Well I was thinking recurve but I hadn't really thought about longbow...what's the advantage between the 2 or is just preference.
This is a generalization and not a set and stone thing. But in general, the recurves tend to be faster and longbows tend to be quieter. Longbow limbs are more stable, meaning they are less likely to twist. I have a set of Dryad ACS RC recurve limbs that are ILF and a set of Dryad ACS CG longbow limbs that are of the bolt down variety. The recurve limbs are way faster and several pounds lighter, This is shooting same arrow, but I can almost get away with no silencers on the string with the longbow limbs. The longbow is what I plan on using this season. It pretty much comes down to personal preference like everything else.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline hitmantoto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 03:41:00 AM »
Winwin rcx 17 and border hex 6, I love this !!!

Offline daniel boon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 06:59:00 AM »
HEX 6's

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 07:02:00 AM »
When I had an ILF rig, the Dryad limbs were amazing.  Smooth and ultra fast.  Mike's a great guy to deal with too.    :thumbsup:
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline sloaf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 08:10:00 AM »
I have some hoyt g3 limbs I absolutely love.   Painted then up camo and they are my go to hunting rig.
If your shooting stinks, work with a Form master.  It'll bring back your A game.

Offline screamin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 12:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bill Carlsen:
Morrison Max I or the Win&Win Winex are the ones that live at my house.
Bill, are the Max-1's quieter than the Winex?

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 01:26:00 PM »
I just got some Max 1's yesterday and they are head and shoulders above some of the others I've tried.  They actually redefine what I imagined was possible from a recurve limb.

Offline BillW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2014, 04:11:00 PM »
Duck, I heard Border is making those limbs for Bob. Their Hex6 limb is supposed to feel like it has a let off as you get to full draw. The Max1 is supposed to be similar in profile (I heard). Do you feel anything like that? Are they fast?
Thanks,
Bill
Aim Small

Offline screamin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 05:14:00 PM »
BillW

Maybe I can help until Duck chimes in. I had a set of hex5's and yes, they feel like they let off the last inch or so. Speed wise, 12grs a pound, according to my chrono, 180fps.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2014, 06:55:00 PM »
I've had only Max1s and BF Extremes. Both very nice and well made. Pretty different profile with the Max 1s much more aggressive curves. Both are smooth and quick.

After shooting them for a couple of weeks, chronographing them, etc. I sold the Max 1s for a $100 loss and still have the BF Extremes.

I'm currently trying to head away from ILF towards 1-piece curves. But, I've heard some very good things about DAS set-ups, especially how quiet they are.

I had Border HEX 4s and WW as well but they weren't ILF.  I liked the WW best. I sold them back to the fellow who originally owned them.

Offline mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 07:14:00 PM »
I am thinking my next set will be the BF Extremes that everyone raves about. Who makes the BF, Samick maybe? I have a BB riser being bead blasted, then its off to Sam to be Warfed.I just got into this ILF thing, i bought a used Titan riser and a new set of Black Max Carbons in Med, at 45#, really like it, is a bit noisey, but then again i am shooting GT expedition hunters with 125 tips, so not a very heavy arrow.
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple
Dwyer Original, Stewart Slammer, Bear Cub, TT Black Magic, RC Extremes, selfbows

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2014, 07:19:00 PM »
Assuming that I was to present a strikingly substantiated clear cut choice, I would be in gross error, thus possibly eliciting a horrific injustice.

Individual perception remains an undeniably significant determining factor in this equation.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2014, 07:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by BillW:
Duck, I heard Border is making those limbs for Bob. Their Hex6 limb is supposed to feel like it has a let off as you get to full draw. The Max1 is supposed to be similar in profile (I heard). Do you feel anything like that? Are they fast?
Thanks,
Bill
Bill, I sense a lot more string tension early in the draw cycle and definitely don't feel any stacking but I can't see I feel a let off.  I haven't shot other vendor's high end carbon/foam limbs so I'm definitely not comparing apples to apples.  But, against the oranges I've been shooting all these years, these things are noticeably faster, quieter and smoother than what I'm used to.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2014, 07:58:00 PM »
Samick makes the BF Extremes. TT Carbon Extremes are cheaper and are getting good reviews although I've never shot them.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline hockey7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2014, 03:47:00 PM »
If you can get ahold of a set of Winex limbs, they are extremely fast, quiet, and smooth. I prefer them over my Max 1's, but I couldn't find a heavier set. Sold a pr of 50#ers, hoping to find 55#'s.

Love to try the Winex RC-17, but can't find them at a heavier weight.

Offline OP-archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »
Win-Ex foam cores with cross-weave carbon belly and back.  Not inexpensive but a good buy for the buck.
IMO SGT. Bradley S. Crose,
USA, 1/75  
Lest we Forget.

Offline mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2014, 04:56:00 PM »
Which Winex limbs are you referring to? Arent there different models?
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple
Dwyer Original, Stewart Slammer, Bear Cub, TT Black Magic, RC Extremes, selfbows

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2014, 05:18:00 PM »
Winex is one model limb built by Win&Win.

I am currently shooting Win&Win RCX-100s on a DAS riser. They are similar to Winex, but look much nicer (woven carbon fiber).

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2014, 01:28:00 PM »
Do any of the other high end carbon/foam limbs have a very aggressive static tip profile like the Max 1's?  Is that common or a distinguishing feature?  It definitely separate's Bob's other carbon/foam limb from the Max 1 based on my experience shooting the two.

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »
Borders recurve limbs have a similar look to Morrison Archery's MAX 1s.It is not a common look.The deep hooks are definatly a distiguishing feature.

The Borders are offered in HEX 5 and HEX 6s and can have wood or foam cores and they are both double carbon limbs.They are working on a new limb that will be called HEX 7s I believe.I have been extremely impressed with both the HEX 5 and HEX 6 limbs.I have had both in ILF limbs and also on the Black Douglas which are not ILF.The wood core limbs are also very good.Very smooooth and very fast.I have not shot Bobs MAX 1s.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©