3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Which is your favorite- Silvertip or Tall Tines?  (Read 704 times)

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Which is your favorite- Silvertip or Tall Tines?
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 08:13:00 AM »
I own both, and will not disclose which I like better because the only reason is personal.
I can pick up either and have total confidence while walking into the woods.
David M. Conroy

Offline bowtough

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »
I have never shot a TallTines but I have drooled over many. Now I do own and hunt with a Paul Schafer Silvertip, and having owned and shot many other top of the line bows, I can honestly say my Silvertip will hold its own in all the areas of performance, and surpass in others. This bow is forgiving, very quiet, dead in the hand, and was a pleasure to tune! Did I mention fast. I have never shot a Windauer Tip, but have always heard great things about Dave's bows. If you ever get a chance to get your hands on a Paul Schafer Silvertip, Take full advantage of the situation, you will not regret it! God bless, and good huntin. Gary.   :thumbsup:

Offline Elkchaser

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 10:14:00 AM »
I have not shot a Silvertip but have owned a number of Tall Tines and they are a fantastic bow. I see you own a Toelke Lynx. Have you considered having Dan and Jared make you a set of recurve limbs for that? I currently have 2 sets of recurve limbs for my lynx and absolutely love it. Plenty quick, light in the hand, and quiet as a church mouse.
Just a thought!!
No matter where you go; There you are.......

Toelke Lynx RC 58", 51@28”

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by bowtough:
I have never shot a TallTines but I have drooled over many. Now I do own and hunt with a Paul Schafer Silvertip, and having owned and shot many other top of the line bows, I can honestly say my Silvertip will hold its own in all the areas of performance, and surpass in others. This bow is forgiving, very quiet, dead in the hand, and was a pleasure to tune! Did I mention fast. I have never shot a Windauer Tip, but have always heard great things about Dave's bows. If you ever get a chance to get your hands on a Paul Schafer Silvertip, Take full advantage of the situation, you will not regret it! God bless, and good huntin. Gary.    :thumbsup:  
I've own bows made by Paul, and Dave.
Dave took a phenominal bow of Paul's design, and continues to improve on it. The performance is better now than ever.
That being said, it is a magical thing to shoot a Tip made by Paul himself! In a class all by itself just for this reason!
David M. Conroy

Offline overbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »
IMO,
You could blind fold a guy and have him shoot both and he couldn't tell you which was which.
I found the Tip to have a slight edge in craftsmanship.

Offline SARarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2014, 07:42:00 PM »
Black Widow PSA 60"
Black Widow PSAX 56#@28"

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2014, 07:57:00 PM »
I have owned both, still have 3 Silvertips and one on order. Only recurves I own now, they just fit me. Nothing wrong with a TT but the Tips just fit me better.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline jkm97

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2014, 05:01:00 PM »
Don't think you can go wrong either way.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©