3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Winona Camo!  (Read 572 times)

Offline TubbsTru

• Trad Bowhunter
Winona Camo!
« on: February 21, 2014, 06:41:00 PM »
So...I used to wear some Winona camo that my dad had laying around. I LOVE the patterns Fratzke had. Well, I went looking around for some Winona camo thinking it was probably not in production anymore and found  www.theknittree.com.  Anyone interested in Winona camo should check it out. Here's a picture of the 100% merino wool beanie I bought for my dad's birthday (of course, I got one too!). Service was great and shipping was super quick.

Offline warden415

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Winona Camo!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 07:26:00 PM »
when I first looked, I thought it was KUIU Vias pattern.  Man do they look similar.

Offline TubbsTru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 07:29:00 PM »
Yeah I agree! I love Vias and have had great success with it...but, man, Fratzke had it down a long time ago! I was pretty stoked to find a thick, warm hat like this to go with my Vias stuff, actually. 100% merino. Can't beat it for only around $25.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 08:49:00 PM »
Cool site

Offline shedhunta

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 09:27:00 PM »
That is some super nice camo.  I love the stuff.  I have yet to order the new stuff.  Will be real soon.
Toelke whip 2 piece.  58" 50@28"

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 10:10:00 PM »
Cool, I thought Winona was gone. Thanks for sharing the link.
Member NCBA

Offline akbowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 10:28:00 PM »
I have three Winona sweaters from the 80s. Great stuff. I'll have to check out the site.
Chuck

Offline KSshrewman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 11:21:00 PM »
Looks good.  I'm actually working on an order now.
Is that hat the camel, black, brown...color way E??
Shrew Classic Hunter
Javaman Elkheart
Javaman Helms Deep
Gill Snakey Self
Ben Pearson Colt
Swiftriver

PSALM 5:3  At Daybreak Lord,You Hear My Voice

Member "Kansas Coffey Club"

Offline TubbsTru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 11:41:00 PM »
Yup- color way "E"!

Offline East Coast archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 11:48:00 PM »
I found them last year and ordered the survivor hat and face mask for the late season.  Wore both from Nov. til Feb. either separate or together depending on how cold it was.  Love the survivor with the reversible blaze camo for walking thru the woods to my stand during the gun season.
"God gave you feet for a reason, so you can take a step forward and keep moving, even though it's hard, but you have to because the tides going to come in." TAC

Offline TubbsTru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 11:51:00 PM »
Hey East Coast- how is the bill on that survivor hat? It's hard to tell there even is one in the pictures on their website.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 11:57:00 PM »
Short and soft, perfect for just adding a little bit of sun shade but not interfering with your string.
"God gave you feet for a reason, so you can take a step forward and keep moving, even though it's hard, but you have to because the tides going to come in." TAC

Offline TubbsTru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 12:08:00 AM »
Great- thanks. Always looking for good hats  :)

Online doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 12:26:00 AM »
Great site. Thanks for posting this!
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Offline Skinnybill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 08:34:00 AM »
I have pants, cardi jacket, and floppy hat in colorway E.  Survivor hat and mittens in colorway S, and a ridgerunner hat in colorway H.  I bought my fatherinlaw and 2 brotherinlaws survivor hats.  Every piece is outstanding. I wore the pants almost exclusively this season.  And the floppy hat is probably the best hunting hat I've owned. Sharon is awesome to deal with. Just remember though, everything has it's place. If u hunt where there is a lot of thorns or anything that snags, then don't wear unless u have some gaiters or brush pants.  It is hands down my favorite hunting clothing. Be warned though that it is so comfortable, it feels like your wearing pajamas and you may fall asleep  :)

Offline Skinnybill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »
The baby boy named Ryker on the site wearing the baby ridgerunner hat is my boy:)

Offline TubbsTru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 09:06:00 AM »
That's awesome Skinnybill! Yeah- definitely looking at getting one of their cardigans! And yes- Sharon is excellent to work with!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 10:27:00 AM »
I will agree with everything Skinnybill said.  Where I hunt rose bushes and stick tites are the norm so it's a no go on their pants otherwise I would have invested in a whole outfit.  For me it's wool during most of the season but the hats and face mask are a great addition.
I had a chance to buy an original outfit (top and bottom) about 17 years ago from a local sporting goods dealer that was going out of business and because of the rose bushes and such I passed.  Wished I had cause when I hunt out of state it would have been nice to do it in pajamas.  They had a whole rack of the stuff in different sizes.  I wonder who lucked out with it   :notworthy:

Offline KSshrewman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
Hey Skinny...if not too much trouble can u post pic so we can see your color ways? Too many choices...I can't decide..   :dunno:
Shrew Classic Hunter
Javaman Elkheart
Javaman Helms Deep
Gill Snakey Self
Ben Pearson Colt
Swiftriver

PSALM 5:3  At Daybreak Lord,You Hear My Voice

Member "Kansas Coffey Club"

Offline Skinnybill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 12:20:00 PM »
Sure will.  On baby duty rt now. Managed to fletch 2 arrows n he woke up from nap. Will get some pics tnite.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©