3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anybody near Springtown Texas?  (Read 294 times)

Offline jrbows

• Trad Bowhunter
Anybody near Springtown Texas?
« on: February 24, 2014, 08:45:00 PM »
My wife and I are planning a trip to see my brother in law in early May any shoots or ranges in the general area that are operational that time of year? Thanks.
SAVE A STUMP SHOOT A DEER

Re: Anybody near Springtown Texas?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 09:22:00 PM »
The Texas State Longbow Championship is in Ft Worth, but not till Memorial Day weekend.

The closest thing I can find early in the month is - May 3-4 Brushy Creek Sportsman Association (Memphis). This is about 3.5hrs from Springtown.

Bisch

Offline TexasKing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 09:25:00 PM »
Good news is that's a great time to visit The Lone Star State

Bad news, there is not much of anything around Springtown!

Cowtown Bowmen are in Ft.Worth, ( they have a Facebook page) and they used to host the Texas Longbow Championship about that time, but I couldn't find anything about it online...

I'm in Dallas, about 1:15 from Springtown.
We have a great private range, maybe  we could shoot a round as long as you're not a better shot than me...
PM me if interested..

Hornes Archery is not too far from Springtown, an excellent bowyer, and worth the trip

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 10:00:00 PM »
Cowtown never hosted the State Longbow Championship!

Edit: I have been corrected by sages way older than me! I have been informed that the State Longbow Championship was held at Cowtown the first few years before they got their own range at Sherwood. This was a long time ago though!

It is put on at a range in Fort Worth called Sherwood, by the Texas State Longbow Assn and will be held, as always, on Memorial Day weekend.

There are several clubs around the DFW area:

Cowtown Bowmen
Irving Bowhunters
Denton County Archers

They should all have a monthly shoot but I live 3hrs away, so I am not familiar with which club shoots on which Sunday of the month.

Bisch

Offline jrbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »
Thanks King I appreciate the invite and will keep it in mind we're still in the early planning stages right now. I've been called a lot of things but never a better shot than someone. Take care.
SAVE A STUMP SHOOT A DEER

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©