3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3 blade Grizzly update final product picture on page 7  (Read 3421 times)

Offline nleroux2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3 blade Grizzly update final product picture on page 7
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2014, 08:57:00 AM »
IMO I would leave them in the natural teflon finish. It gives them that "handmade just for me" look. Save you some $$ too, and that's always a good thing. Can't wait to get my hands on some.
I hunt; Therefore I eat well.
Currently in the freezer: Venison, Hog.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »
I dont understand what you are suggesting, Steve. There has been nothing done by me to the teflon in the above picture.Please help me understand what you mean by "natural teflon finish".
Bill

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2014, 09:19:00 AM »
Looks great Bill.  Thanks for taking us through the development a little bit.  I think you have a winner.

I would like to get a half dozen of the first batch since they are a little heavier.  Will you have them available at the PBS Gathering next weekend?

Thanks again
Duane
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
Guys,

I know that color is a personal preference for us all for everything, but I just want to let you know that Bill and Tracy have sacrificed a lot in consistently trying to bring new and better products to us all. These new 3 blade heads are no different. This thread was meant to take us all along on what is involved in bringing a broadhead to market. For those of you that do not know Bill personally he really strives to please everyone and it bothers him when he can not. Bill can't make us all happy with what personal color we would each like these heads to be so please if you would like a pink broadhead send him a email or pm and lets try and keep this thread on track.

Personal weight preference also. He can not make every weight someone would like. Fighting medal weight and length of a broadhead keeps a large head like this fairly heavy and making a 100 grain 3/1 ratio head is simply impossible unless the majority of us are willing to pay $20 per head.

These are the first weight option of more to come and they can only be one color and he has chosen that already. As his two blade Grizzly line of heads the other weights will be other colors.

Sorry for the rant but this has been a re-occurring issue here.           :deadhorse:          

TJ
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »
In reality, 20 grains is practically irrelevant, many arrow sets vary that much.  Heavier is fine with me, tho and 190 gr glue on field points are readily available.  Not so with 175 gr.  Hope to see / buy some at PBS Banquet.  See ya there, Bill!
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2014, 09:49:00 AM »
so these will be double bevel heads....  I like that.  I would try a set of these for sure....I think a deer or better yet a hog may be perfect to try them...haha  Hopefully they stay in the 190-200gr range
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline DarkTimber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »
Bill...those turned out awesome!  You should be proud of that fine product. I know it to a lot of work to produce.   I think I just found my new elk head.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2014, 01:42:00 PM »
That is a great looking head!  Of course,  the proof will be in performance in the field, and I have no doubt that it will live up to its looks. I like 3 blades, and this design has everything I would like to see in a broadhead with weight, size, and cutting angle.  Can't wait to put some to the test!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2014, 02:30:00 PM »
Bill, just awesome. I for one do not mind a head heavier than 175 so once they are ready I will sure buy some. Will they be on your site? Add a 100gr steel adaptor and they will be perfect for my setup.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
Very nice Bill!! Well said TJ  :)  Can't wait to see these in person!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2014, 03:54:00 PM »
Those are really nice!
 bill I think what the guy means is the color. The dull black/ Teflon grey color.
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2014, 04:42:00 PM »
Great looking head Bill. I'm really looking forward to getting some in my hands. If your going to sell any of the first batch after you get them ground down, I would like a half dozen to start. Cant wait till your up and running with the 175's. I'm thinking turkey with some from the first batch.

Offline R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2014, 05:25:00 PM »
Looks great.  Bring some with you to the PBS banquet next week.   Several of them will head back to Va. with me.

Online varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2014, 06:05:00 PM »
Seriously, those look awesome!
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2014, 06:16:00 PM »
Looking good Bill !!!!   :clapper:

Online timbermoose

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2014, 06:33:00 PM »
looks great!! i'd buy some of the heavier ones.
Backwoods Archery 66" 54@30
coaster500 yew elb 67" 55@29 -trade bow 2013
Heartlandbows 60" 60@29 -trade bow 2014

Offline Blaino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2014, 07:39:00 PM »
That looks awesome! Color and all.... I don't care what weight they are what so ever. I like making arrows and will make some that will shoot these heads.

Keep on making quality products    :thumbsup:
"It's not the trophy, but the race. It's not the quarry,
but the chase."

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2014, 08:08:00 PM »
Thank you everyone for following along with me on this.It has taken a year and many many many many dollars to get to this point.

I ground another dozen by hand today.Well....Holding them by hand on one of my sanders with a 36 grit belt. I wanted to see if the weight was going to hold. All 12 of them were between 190-194 so I'm confident that is about where they are going to stay. I only bloodied 2 fingers while grinding those 12 heads.   :biglaugh:

I should have the rest of the custom parts for my grinder by tuesday. I'm sure it will take a week or two to get it all adjusted. There is no doubt that it will need some redesign here and there as it was built from spare parts mostly.

I will have a few of these heads at the PBS banquet.I will not have a booth set up there. If you are going to be there and you want to see them just holler at me. I do plan to donate some for the auction. I'm not sure how many I will have by then to sell other wise.  I dont have enough digits to grind too many by hand.   :D

Offline ozzyshane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »
Bill that is a great weight it matchs with both glue on and close to screw in feild tips ..I hope all your hard work pays off Thanks Shane

Offline nleroux2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by zipper bowss:
I dont understand what you are suggesting, Steve. There has been nothing done by me to the teflon in the above picture.Please help me understand what you mean by "natural teflon finish".
Bill
Sorry, I meant just leave them as it appeared in the picture. Don't paint or otherwise color them. Just my opinion.
I hunt; Therefore I eat well.
Currently in the freezer: Venison, Hog.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©