3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3 blade Grizzly update final product picture on page 7  (Read 3415 times)

Offline PaLongshank

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3 blade Grizzly update final product picture on page 7
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2014, 12:31:00 PM »
Got an elk dying to meet one of these!!!

PaLongshank
"Brothers of the flaming arrow"

Offline jjwaldman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2014, 12:45:00 PM »
There are a lot of animals dying to meet these broadheads!

Offline TOEJAMMER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2014, 03:13:00 PM »
Geez Bill, I know you put a lot of time and money into this project but that brazing furnace et al seems way over the top.  .It will  take a lot of broadhead sales to crack that nut.     :biglaugh:  
Smile.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2014, 06:19:00 PM »
There sure is some outstanding efforts being put into these heads Bill, well done mate! I hope they'll be ready by June so as to try some out on my BC bear hunt?

ak.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2014, 07:36:00 PM »
I'm lovin' it!

Offline slim_grim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2014, 08:03:00 PM »
Super cool!  :thumbsup:  That brazing furnace is gnarly.
Live and let live.

Offline BaldingEagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »
Hope you'll have some at the Baltimore Bowmen shoot.  I bought some 2 blades from you and am extremely happy with them.  I'd like to try these out - hopefully on a big deer.
Congrats on an excellent idea.
"It is the difficulties of archery that make it so interesting to true archers."
Archery-Badminton Library

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by zipper bowss:
David, Thanks for bringing this thread back up. I do have more updatates. These heads are currently at heat treat. I dropped them off last frida
These heads will not be black. I realize black is the most popular color.That is also why they will not be black.The majority of the 3 blades out there are black so ours will not be.
Bill
They aren't going to be pink are they? I'll shoot just about anything but pink    :p

Hope to see one up close and personal in Cinci!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline David Alford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2014, 12:16:00 AM »
re: color, sure the animals won't care. But statistically, bowhunters who buy broadheads do care. And it seems they prefer black probably because of tradition and also because it matches up with whatever shaft and fletch colors one chooses.

I'm a marketer and if I was launching a bh, I'd ask a hundred or more potential buyers - or what size sample one can get  - what they prefer, preferably by showing them the actual bh in different colors. I mean who wouldn't go with black if say 50% of potential buyers preferred that colo?. Now if only 5% did, sure it wouldn't matter (much).

I do understand the counter argument of being different, but that said, I'd test and go with with the test results. If a marketer goes against what customers want, he is losing money plain and simple.

That said, very few people in the archery business bother to test. Same goes for price testing, chosing names, etc. There's a science to this and in the long run people go out of business because sales didn't meet expectations. Now think what the causes of failure are...in short, not giving customers what they want.

It amazes me that hardly anyone in the archery business actually asks their customers what they want...and after a sale, "any suggestions for improving our product?" Some entrepreneurs actually get mad when customers make suggestions. My goodness, the big boys spend millions finding out what customers actually want.

Offline David Alford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2014, 12:29:00 AM »
That said, the silverish black in the sample pic is nice, IMO, but hey, I'm just one vote, I'd still go with the majority and for that one needs a sufficiently large sample size.

Offline Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2014, 07:21:00 AM »
Color is not a factor to me and you will recall that Grizzlies have always been a variety of colors depending on weight.  It never has seemed to hold them back.  

I do a lot of arrow assembly where I dip, crest and fletch.  I try to be color conscious in that work, but I have to say I don't worry if my broadhead "matches" except in weight and flight characteristics.

D.P.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2014, 08:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by TOEJAMMER:
Geez Bill, I know you put a lot of time and money into this project but that brazing furnace et al seems way over the top.  .It will  take a lot of broadhead sales to crack that nut.      :biglaugh:    
Smile.
:biglaugh:  If you think that is over the top. Wait until you see the steel treat plant I bought just to heat treat these heads.   :laughing:
I wish I could say that was my brazing furnace.The one we have is a much less spectacular version and it needs  a total rebuild. Thats why i take them to this place to be brazed.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2014, 08:40:00 AM »
Al, June should not be a problem.

John, I'm not planning to be at Baltimore this year but who knows sometimes things change.    :D  

You make some very good points, David. Marketing is tricky there is no doubt about that. In this case though I dont think the fact that these heads will be tan (all except Whip's his will be pink     :D      :p   ) and not black will effect the sale. As has been mentioned. Our Grizzlies and many other broadheads vary in color depending on the weight.These 3 blades will as well but there will not be a black one.  
I'm always happy to hear what my customers have to say. They have given me some great ideas over the years. For instance the strap on version of our Woodie quiver. The reason the Kodiak's come heavier than 200 grains is also because our customers wanted it and that's just a couple of examples. Please, don't think I'm ignoring your suggestions that is not the case. I have thought about this quite a bit. This time I'm going to steer clear of the crowd and stick with tan.

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2014, 09:15:00 AM »
Bill,
thanks for posting updates.  I like seeing the process more than the product, though this product looks pretty amazing!  

For you you broadhead wiz's.  Does the long ferrule make a broadhead harder or easier to tune?  

Also, seeing as the head is so long and not a steep slope, that will also help with penetration correct?  

(i'm still learning fellas, be nice  :)
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2014, 09:50:00 AM »
Originally posted by DanielB89:
For you you broadhead wiz's.  Does the long ferrule make a broadhead harder or easier to tune?   No

Also, seeing as the head is so long and not a steep slope, that will also help with penetration correct? Absoluetely

www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »
 In this case though I dont think the fact that these heads will be tan (all except Whip's his will be pink      :D        :p    ) and not black will effect the sale.
Well there we go then.  That is going to be my excuse if I ever miss.    :smileystooges:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline DarkTimber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2014, 10:45:00 AM »
Originally posted by Whip:

In this case though I dont think the fact that these heads will be tan (all except Whip's his will be pink       :D          :p     ) and not black will effect the sale.
Well there we go then.  That is going to be my excuse if I ever miss.     :smileystooges:  [/b]
"if I ever miss"    Now that's confidence Joe.  I like it!    :bigsmyl:

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2014, 11:31:00 AM »
Pink for me too please!!!

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2014, 11:45:00 AM »
I'm liking what I see!
James Kerr

Offline David Alford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2014, 03:08:00 PM »
I've actually taken Grizzly broadheads and spray painted them to get them to better match my fletching. It's pain in the arse because the paint covers the bevel/edge. That I was so motivated to do that means I'm probably extremely color sensitive. Am I weird? Well apparently 85% of people make buy decisions based on color.
Try googling "Psychology of Color in Buying Decisions"

Anyway, sure put me down for a half dozen !" diameter and if I like them I'll order several dozen.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©