3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TBH magazine  (Read 192 times)

Offline sundog

• Trad Bowhunter
TBH magazine
« on: March 03, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »
For you, the magazine "Traditional Bowhunter Magazine" is a turning point for bowhunting U.S. ?

Philosophically speaking, It is a particular thing ?

How do you like this magazine ?

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: TBH magazine
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 09:42:00 AM »
It is a very well presented and edited magazine.  Not so much a turning point - Traditional Archery preceeded it and was less refined in appearanmce but the writing and contributors were equally helpful and knowledgeable.  

I look forward to my subscription with great anticipation.  

As far as traditional bowhunting being a philosophy . . . perhaps.  It is a way to slow down life's pace and enjoy a pursuit that doesn't require much technology or equipment and instead rewards technique and dedication.  Like this website the magazine is just a way to make and keep contact with like minded people.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 09:51:00 AM »
Give Primitve Archer a try and then you compare.  You can also find Primitve Archer on the web for you to review.

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »
I really enjoy each copy. It is informative and seems less of the corporate hunting view. Put together by a group of individuals who seem to be dedicated to traditional archery.
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 05:58:00 PM »
Traditional Bowhunter is a very pleasant part of my trad archery experience.

I really like Stumpkiller's post above. The magazine does expose us to the experiences of others who share  our passion for this wonderful hobby.
Sam

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 06:19:00 PM »
For us living outside the US, like me and Sundog ( seen your video on Roe deer mate, well done!) ... TBM is in my opinion a godsend as most bowhunting mags are marketed towards the compound hunter.

Best mag on the market for hunting with a stick bow.

Cheers,

ak.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline PUDDLE JUMPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 10:54:00 PM »
One of the very few Hunting magazines I subscribe to anymore. Was instrumental in my move to a Recurve. I was reading it long before the switch.

I lean towards things of a simple design overall.
As I get older I am less tolerant of the rampant consumerism of our hunting culture.

Where I think we can make ground is in explaining to younger hunters the actual advantages of Trad equipment (in a hunting situation).

Offline swampbow2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »
Well said Stumpkiller. I hope you don't mind if I make a wall poster quoting you as you've summed up my feelings concerning traditional archery better than I ever could have.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©