3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tired of archery ?  (Read 1276 times)

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Tired of archery ?
« on: March 03, 2014, 09:02:00 PM »
Do any of you ever get tired of archery ?

I have recently started loosing interest , but I think it's because of the never ending winter here in Michigan .

Two weeks ago I took the snow blower and cleared my archery range and it was blown full 30"deep in two days .

I have been shooting once a week at the archery range and the last two times I didn't care if I shot or not . Didn't care how well I shot either .

I have been shooting sense the spring of 1963 and have never felt like this before .   :(
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline charles suttles

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tired of archery ?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »
Get a new bow and move to the south

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »
Spring will bring new enthusiasm- here in central NY we have had plenty of snow and it REALLY SUCKS- archery though is a constant glow for me, I look forward to shooting especially when the grass comes back.  When the snow goes you'll feel better.

Hang in there

Offline PaulDeadringer29

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 09:12:00 PM »
Well said Charles.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »
I get that way sometimes when I am not shooting well (like now). Whenever I start shooting good again, all the enthusiasm comes back.

I HATE not shooting well!

Bisch

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 09:33:00 PM »
Nope.  20 yard range in the basement and 20 acres of stumps out the back door (and hundreds more I have permission to use).  

Get some blunts and go have fun!
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
Cabin Fever. It'll pass.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bud B.:
Cabin Fever. It'll pass.
I agree with bud and I'm in the same boat you are in so sick of winter I keep snow blowing my target out yet I have not shot at it since December. It  has been just too cold -32 actual temp this morning I shoot a ten yd range in my basement  but that gets old.
The only reason I keep snow blowing my target and shooting lane out is when it does get nice I will be able to go out and shoot a little without having to climb through 3-4 feet of snow.
As Red Green says  remember I'm pullin for ya were all in this together

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 10:10:00 PM »
Can't go stumpin' cause there is 3 feet of snow . Can't see the stumps . Even if I didn't drop dead from exhaustion I would be out of arrows in no time cause I wouldn't be able to find them .
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 10:12:00 PM »
Maybe you're getting a cold!

Offline Richie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »
It will pass ,read an archery book   :thumbsup:  
  Try Going Trad by David Peterson, it will motivate you.
Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 10:19:00 PM »
It's just the off season getting to ya, it will pass.
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 10:22:00 PM »
Its probably the weather. I have been watching Traditional DVD's and reading traditional archery books. That has helped a lot. Keep your head up. The snow will melt soon and you will be able to hit the woods and your range soon enough.
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »
There are ways to be involved in archery other than shooting a bow.  Make strings.  Make arrows.  Make strings.  Make bows.  Make strings.  Get involved with your local 4-H, NASP, indoor range (bet they know of some folks that would like help learning to shoot traditional bows), etc. etc. etc.

I'm hard pressed to find time to shoot with all the other archery related activities I'm involved with...mainly making strings.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 11:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by Graps:
Can't go stumpin' cause there is 3 feet of snow . Can't see the stumps . Even if I didn't drop dead from exhaustion I would be out of arrows in no time cause I wouldn't be able to find them .
Pashaw.  I went out in two feet of snow Saturday.  Didn't lose (or break!) an arrow for two dozen shots at stumps, blow-downs, tider fungus on trees, bark on birch trees.  There's always something showing.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 11:08:00 PM »
I have been mentoring three people as well as making strings . arrows , arm guards and quivers . I do enjoy that and I like watching them shoot .

I just don't feel like shooting   :deadhorse:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 11:18:00 PM »
It was -8 here this morning. Set a all time record for the coldest day ever in March in the Kansas City area.

This afternoon I mailed a bow to another Trad Gang member than I came home and shot down the hallway for a while. Tomorrow I'm going to fletch some arrows.

I never get tired of it !!!

Bunny hunt with some Trad Gangers on Saturday. Turkey season opens April 1st, 3-D at Snow's April 12th and on and on.........

bretto

Offline EHK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 11:26:00 PM »
This winter has been cold and more snow here than usual.  I find myself building more bows and bow strings than doing actual shooting.  As a result, my shooting is suffering.  I've shot my two worst scores ever on the 3D course and in my winter archery league.  that being said, I'm more motivated than ever to get my shooting form back.  

Can you shoot indoors?  Maybe doing some close bail/blind bail shooting will renew your enthusiasm.  If it ain't fun, don't do it.  You've been  at it for 40+ years.  I'm sure it'll come back around for you.

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 11:29:00 PM »
Been shooting an indoor Techno Hunt league sense the first of January and I am tired of it but still have four weeks to go .

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 11:33:00 PM »
I get tired of shooting sometimes.  So, I take a break.   I want to enjoy archery and bowhunting for the rest of my life, so there's no need to force the issue when I want some space.   I didn't feel like shooting for about 2 months... spent my time playing the guitar and the piano instead.   Just got my longbow out again recently.  Now, I can't wait to wander and launch arrows again when the weather breaks!
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©