3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tired of archery ?  (Read 1274 times)

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tired of archery ?
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 11:33:00 PM »
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one suffering through the limitation of basement shooting.
My wife thinks my passion for archery is a full blown obsession indicative of some greater mental deficit evidenced by my apparent lack of excitement in other hobbies.
I thought for a moment and explained to her that its like a man lost in the desert for several days.  He's dying of thirst and hunger.  Put the worlds best cheeseburger in front of him and he doesn't want it, he only wants a glass of water.
That's how it is for me.  My lack of hunting is my thirst and only hunting stickbow in hand can quench it, all else is an afterthought.

Just read what I wrote.  Yep, she's right.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline 2 edges

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 11:43:00 PM »
SHAKE IT OFF!

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 11:55:00 PM »
Its been a long tough winter here. When the snow is gone and the sun is warm you will be back to your usual self and wandering the woods with a bow in your hand.

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 12:03:00 AM »
I just had a thought ; I think I will get my wife and make snow balls and shoot them with flu flu's with rubber blunts in the driveway . My wife is sick of winter as well . That could be symbolic of killing the snow .

DIE YOU SON OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT !   :bigsmyl:
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JDunlap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2014, 12:23:00 AM »
This is what my youngest son and I did today in the 18 degree weather. It was sunny, so out of the wind it was pretty nice.

Shooting his 52" Red Wing Hunter
Sandy Biles Scorpion TD RC; 54@28
RER XR Static Tip RC; 50@28
JC Optimus riser/Uukha EX1EVO2 [email protected]

Offline JDunlap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 12:26:00 AM »
shooting my RER LX -- not 3 feet of snow, but it was   cold, but fun.

This helps with the doldrums!
Sandy Biles Scorpion TD RC; 54@28
RER XR Static Tip RC; 50@28
JC Optimus riser/Uukha EX1EVO2 [email protected]

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2014, 12:45:00 AM »
I don't live in snow country anymore but I can recall many great days on snowshoes. Finding arrows can be d pain.

Offline LIBowhunter

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2014, 12:48:00 AM »
It's been a long winter for alot of folks! Myself included. I agree it can be tough wanting to shoot at times..it will pass! And getting a new bow to shoot doesn't hurt either.. that helped me! LOL!
--------------------------------
LIFE IS GOOD!
--------------------------------
NY Bowhunters Member
NRA Member

Offline GreyGoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2014, 06:26:00 AM »
I'm tired of snow, but no way I'm tired of archery.
Jim

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2014, 07:04:00 AM »
Take a break, no sense at all doing something you don't enjoy. Get out snowshoeing, small game with gun if that floats your boat, or join a gym.

If time passes and your still not keen on archery, its been cycled out of your system and you move on. Ill bet you'll be looking forward to it upon seeing that 1st blade of grass sprout.

Offline bartcanoe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2014, 07:27:00 AM »
I've had so many extended periods away from archery due to deployments and illness, I've never had a chance to grow tired of it.  

Maybe, if you take a break, and spend some time doing something else it'll rekindle the fire for archery.
Dave

US Army Retired (1984-2013)
Job 42:1-6

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2014, 07:31:00 AM »
Right On Target Izzy! Guess when we can't do what we want, doing what we can may not be enough...

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2014, 07:35:00 AM »
Figure out a way to shoot in the house.  Even if it's only short range you still have arrows in the air.  I can only get eight yards in my little old farm house but it beats shooting outdoors in this crappy weather.

Another boost for me is always something  new.  It might only be a new tab, quiver, making dozen new arrows, or if going all out a new or used bow.  Playing with bows off the classifieds is a blast and doesn't cost much since you can resell for about what you paid.  There's a lot of great bows out there and it's enlightening to try them for yourself to see what others are talking about.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2014, 07:48:00 AM »
I went into the doldrums in the mid 1990s, and hardly picked up a bow for a couple of years. When the fever came back, it came back with a vengeance, and it is still going strong.
Let's hope that your vigor for archery returns with the spring flowers.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 08:04:00 AM »
Most people have a time when their hobby becomes a bit less interesting, so don't worry about it. As spring comes along you will probably get the itch again. Meanwhile, make up some arrows or buy some new piece of equipment that you want/need to help jump start the desire again.
Sam

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2014, 08:05:00 AM »
dont get tire of archery
I do get burnt out on chasing deer at times

I think stump shooting,roving and hunting small game could cure the blues.
Slickhead

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2014, 08:09:00 AM »
Graps I started the same time as you . It will never leave you. I got side tracked with fly fishing but never put the bows away . Just extreme cabin fever . Making arrows and going on tradgang chatting with you guys  helps the blues . Getting tired of shooting in the basement also. It will be a great spring !
Dan Breen

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2014, 08:18:00 AM »
Find someone to shoot with.  I don't particularly like practicing by myself.  For me the bow is about camaraderie.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline bowtough

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »
Normal for the things of the world to grow tireing, even traditional archery. I have a friend that used to be a fanatical bowhunter, but with age he has really slowed down, it happens. I have found that the only thing in my life that never grows dim no matter what time of the season or my age is my relationship with Jesus Christ. In the end that will be the most important thing anyway, none of my bows will be making that last trip with me some day, but my Jesus will! You think about that, Amen!    :thumbsup:

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
Yes. Every winter I get tired of shooting in my basement and don't shoot very much at all. Also our hunting season is 4 months long and I shoot and hunt alot during the season and kind of look forward to a break. When spring breaks I always get back to it in preparation of the turkeys and 3-D. You will snap out of it no worries.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©