3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Tribe Aero Hunter  (Read 628 times)

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
New Tribe Aero Hunter
« on: March 04, 2014, 07:27:00 AM »
It is quite expensive but I am tired of being limited by my tree stand so I'm ordering one! Got the aero hunter and a set of muddy sticks coming. Anyone hunt from one of these a tree saddle or a guido's web? Thoughts, tips, pics...
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Tribe Aero Hunter
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »
I use my Tree Saddle more than any other setup.  A set of LW sticks and a ratchet strap with five or six strap on steps threaded to it and you can hunt practically any tree.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 10:07:00 AM »
Kyle that is encouraging. I saw a video today of a guy using a saddle but instead of sticks he used a rock climbing aid ladder which I think I'm going to try. Lighter weight, and less trouble than sticks. As far as steps go I can't seem to find anything to put on a ratchet strap but then again with this new system I think that I can hunt without a platform. I've seen a video or two of people using them without the steps pretty successfully it looks like and they are able to move around the trees with ease.
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline jjwaldman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 10:19:00 AM »
I sold my Tree Saddle last year and bought the AeroHunter.  It is a much higher quality saddle, more comfortable, and more streamlined.  After using both the Tree Saddle and the Aerohunter, I don't plan on ever using a metal stand again.

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 10:50:00 AM »
Yeah I'm pretty much sold Jesse, even after just trying yours that one time. I remember how comfortable they are. What do you think about using the climbing aid instead of sticks?
>>>----------------->

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 10:52:00 AM »
The sticks really aren't much trouble.  I use the minis and they strap easily to my pack.  The longer ones would eliminate the extra set but I'm kind of short and didn't want that extra length hanging off of my back.  I got my steps off of the classifieds on here.  I believe they are Ameristeps.  They are not metal but a tough composite.  Besides being light, they are quiet.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
It's not so much the trouble though with the cheaper ones weight is a factor but the price is just too high for what they are. I will take that into consideration though. As for the ameristep tree steps, they are awesome! jjwaldman has some and they are sweet but the problem is that they are nearly impossible to find. I've been scouring **** for weeks with no luck. People that have them just aren't letting them go.
>>>----------------->

Offline dougbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 11:00:00 AM »
I use Guido's Web with with muddy sticks. Four muddy sticks will get you up to 12-14 ft. depending on how far you space them. Your gonna want something to stand on, i tried just using the step on the muddy stick and found it to be uncomfortable. I use four climb paws, two per foot, to stand on.  Joebuck started a thread with a bunch of pictures and info, i don't remember the title but you could check his posts to find it.

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »
Sounds good thanks Doug.
>>>----------------->

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »
I did just as you are doing......waiting to find them used.  I got my LW sticks for $100.  I sold a climber to pay for them.

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 07:57:00 PM »
I may sell my climber. I don't see my wife getting in a tree to hunt...haha
>>>----------------->

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 08:56:00 PM »
Tristan,

What videos did you watch with the climbing aids in use?
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 08:33:00 AM »
This is the video I was talking about...

and this is pretty a pretty case for not having to use a platform with this setup. I realize that this takes a lot of practice but there is certainly no reason I couldn't learn in the coming months. This guy makes it look easy!

>>>----------------->

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »
I'm really interested in this method as well. It's similar but with one stick instead of a rock climbing aid.

>>>----------------->

Offline jjwaldman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »
Tristan, I have definitely considered using the aider system.  I need to try it out and see how much more work (if any) it would be.  I would love to just take one stick into the woods, instead of 3.

Offline jjwaldman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »
Also, you definitely need something to stand on.  The video with the guy walking around the tree is just to show what you can do with the harness.  You need something to be able to push up and off of, and just for comfort.

I think I will try the aider only setup this year.  It might take a little longer, but I could drop about 7 pounds or so worth of sticks!

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 08:29:00 AM »
Jesse I agree, I think that not carrying and setting up sticks would be well worth a little extra effort getting up the tree. Wouldn't be any more effort than using a climbing stand for sure!
>>>----------------->

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
Just came across a company called cranford that makes a metal step similar to the ameristep that can be threaded onto a ratchet strap. $35 for a four pack of them, not bad.
>>>----------------->

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
Remember though, its easy to climb back down with steps or a ladder.  It can be a pain to do it without.  Like if you drop something or need to trim a branch real quick.  Gets to be a lot of work going up and down all the time.

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 03:04:00 PM »
I'm only talking about using the cranford steps as a platform to stand on once I reach hunting height.
>>>----------------->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©