3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: St Jude Elk Hunt  (Read 1463 times)

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: St Jude Elk Hunt
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 05:37:00 PM »
have a safe hunt.  :thumbsup:    :campfire:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Tom D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 05:58:00 PM »
Hi Doug,
 I'm wishing I was there with you all!!
 I know you will have a great time!

I wish you the best of luck Brian!!

TomD

Offline kojac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2007, 10:55:00 PM »
good luck guys!!! should be fun
Brian

"Hunting...is about the Sights, Sounds, Smells, and  the Hunted...All the hunter has to do is show up"

Offline Marvin M.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »
Looking forward to this one.  Good Luck Brian!!!

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
Good luck Brian.  Try not to gain too much weight from JoJo's cooking.  If he don't feed you enough, the other resident cook, one Mrs. Campbell, is extremely talented in her own right.  Doug, have a blast on this hunt, and thank you, as well as the Brokaw's on the donation.  Looking forward to the pics and story...maybe even a hard copy version in the PBS magazine...

Offline Full Quiver II

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »
Good hunting, boys! Looking forward to the pics and stories.   :archer:
Psalm 127:3-5
TBOF - Trad. Bowhunters of Florida
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007, 01:23:00 PM »
Update, I had to leave the guys this morning and come back and work a few days, heading back up Monday morning.  So far they have seen 1 spike bull, some cows and calves, 1 mountain lion, and tons of deer.  Brian has stalked several smaller Muledeer to within shooting distance and drawn on them but has not released an arrow yet.  This morning they were going after a Muledeer that they saw last night, apperently he is very old with a totally gray face and a wide, heavy 3x3 rack.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Online GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »
SAVOR EVERY SECOND OF IT!
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »
Keep after em Brian! Hey, you need me to bring you a flyrod yet?   :saywhat:
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »
Minor delays only make the hunt more memorable...be pateint and enjoy the ride!  No doubt this experience will be worth the price of admission, both for the hunters and those of us watching from the cheap seats  :) .  Good Luck Guys!!!

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »
OK Fellas..........Time ta rejoin us at this FIRE  :campfire:  

To much of a GOOD THING will spoil Ya  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  

" WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPIN"

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »
YEAH!!!!!!!!!....What Iron Bull Said!!!!!!!!  :knothead:    :knothead:    :knothead:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »
Ditto what Vance said.  :saywhat:  

I wanna know if Doug took off after the lion bayin  :D

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »
Welll???!!!????  :saywhat:
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »
Just got caught up on this one, I have been looking forward to hearing about this one for awile. Sooooooooooo???????

Good luck guys and shoot strait  :archer:  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »
I took Brian to the airport at 0630 this morning and Doug had a ton of things to get caught up on today but I think between the 2 of them they had 180 some pictures.  I am sure they will be on here tonight to start the story.    :bigsmyl:  I was just the cook and camp roustabout and only know what I was told, they will do much better relaying the tale.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
cool cool cool...thanks Joseph
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »
Well finally got around to starting this  ;)  Joseph wasn't kidding bout me being busy, got about a thousand things to get done before Fri afternoon, (D-day for heading to sheep camp   :D  ) and spending all day tomorrow in town with Karen.

Let me start with saying I HAD A BLAST!! Brian is as fine a young man as I've ever met and the eating was out of this world!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  Joseph and Brian are welcome at my fire any time!

Next time I've got a young pup coming I know I've gotta get to working out sooner  ;)  Brian bout walked my rear into the ground. Near as I can figure we did close to 30 miles on foot in the last week and I'd done well over that on foot and horse back in the couple weeks before. All that country covered and still very few elk sightings. This is prooving to be a very tough year for everyone in this area.

The weather was typical for MT in the fall, all over the weather map. Here's an example of what happened in one afternoon....

I'm hoping Brian can do the lion's share of storytellin here as I've got to get back at it. A man's gotta get his priorities in order and sheep camp is calling   :goldtooth:
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 09:44:00 PM »
Doug, I'm really looking forward to the story of your sheep hunt.  Get after them, friend!!    :wavey:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 11:55:00 PM »
Well, I'll get to the story telling here real soon. Like the rest of the folks involved, stuffed piled up here for the last week. Busy catching up...stay tuned...

First off, many thanks to my host/guide/friend Doug. He worked his tail off to show me a great time in his beautiful corner of the world. What a place...wow. My wife and I just finished looking at the pics and video clips on the laptop. She was in awe, and the pictures do no justice.

And thanks to Karen, Doug's wife, for keeping plenty of delicious goodies at the ranch on the days when we were just too busy hunting to get back to camp for Joseph's wonderful cooking at lunch time. Not only is she a wonderful person and a real sweetheart, she can cook like nobody's business. Great stuff and great folks. And I sure liked that ice cream shop    :jumper:    

Doug and Karen are the real deal, let me tell you. A lot of you here are already lucky enough to call them friends. I'm honored to do so as well. I learned so much about western hunting and ranch life from Doug in only one week. I sure enjoyed the campfire and mountain top conversations just as much as the food and scenery. Oh, and the hunting was pretty darn spectacular as well.

Thanks to Joseph and his wife Ashley for the fine cooking and taxi duties. The meals were superb and I sure enjoyed their company as well. Thanks for everything!

Well the big story is that St Jude's got a few more dollars to help some disadvantaged kids. The experience was worth at least twice as much as my winning bid, but knowing the money went for a better cause just made the week much sweeter. It was a blast...come along for the ride...

-Brian
 www.bowyersjournal.com

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©