3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Broadheads for whitetail  (Read 668 times)

Offline Cwilder

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Broadheads for whitetail
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 05:02:00 PM »
So far in my short two years of shooting a recurve and killing 7 whitetail I have used
Bear razor head old style 2 blade
The new style from trophy ridge 4 blade
And 150 grain vpa 3 blade.
All have done great jobs
I love Bow Hunting

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 05:07:00 PM »
Hey Mojo...I think that was the one.  I do remember they came in an orange or reddish plastic box and the blades were molded in a plastic "cartridge".  They also came with a practice cartridge.  And you are correct, they did weigh 145 grains, the same as a Bear Razorhead.  I killed 2 does with them one late afternoon about 15 minutes apart.  I remember that the bloodtrails weren't any better than a Razorhead and they didn't penetrate as good either.  That was the only deer I shot with them.  After that I went back to the Razorheads for a while.   I also remember that it was nearly 11 pm before I got'em out of the woods, cleaned up and on ice.  It's amazing the stuff you remember!  Now if I could just find my cellphone....      :rolleyes:
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2014, 05:20:00 PM »
Yeah, that was my experience with them too. They looked incredible, but I imagine the surface area really bogged down penetration. But for "killer looks", they sure looked like the best head ever.    ;)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©