3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow help  (Read 221 times)

Offline LUKE1

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrow help
« on: March 17, 2014, 08:40:00 AM »
I'm stuck between 2 of the Easton axis traditional arrow spines.  I am shooting a Damon Howatt Mamba 58# @ 28" at that draw.  Now I'm leaning more towards the 400 cut at 29"-29 1/2" with 75gr brass insert, a 125 or 150gr broadhead and 3gr p/i tube weight.  Total arrow weight: 580-605 depending on bh.  I am looking for opinions and what your set up may be.  I am currently deployed so I cannot tune my bow right now, but am soon to be heading back on leave just in time for spring bear season.

Opinions appreciated.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: Arrow help
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
I assume the other option you're considering is the 340s.  .500s would be too weak.  .400s should work fine.  I'd go with a 100 grain insert and eliminate the tube weights. Remember to add another 25 grains for an adaptor, or more if you want to use steel adaptor.

I shoot 400s cut to 29 inches with a 100 grain insert, 25 grain adaptor and175 grain point ( about 590 grains) out of my 56# ACS. I do have the side plate built out a little.

A 550-600 grain skinny arrow is great plenty for bear out of your 58# bow.  Could reach 600 grains by substituting a 75 grain steel adaptor for the 25 grain aluminum. Might be getting a little front heavy for the spine at your draw weight though.  Only way to know for sure is to try it.  I like more point weight than weight tubes.  Provides the necessary weight and increases the FOC.  Good luck.

Offline LUKE1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow help
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »
That makes allot of sense with the adapter instead of the weight tubes. Thanks!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©