3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wensel Pig-Gigs 2014  (Read 1346 times)

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wensel Pig-Gigs 2014
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
Sounds to me like you fellas had a great time.  Of course, any time with the Wensels is a blast.

Offline KYFOXSTICK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2014, 12:52:00 PM »
This was my first pig gig and I must say it met my expectations. Had a great hunt and managed to bring a couple Javelina home in the cooler. The Wensels reputation speaks for itself...super guys. Made some new friends and memories that will last forever. Happy hunting and thanks to all for making this opportunity happen.
Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. -- President Thomas Jefferson

Offline JIM FRANK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2014, 01:34:00 PM »
This was a hunt I was looking forward to since last fall and was NOT a disappointment it was great meeting new friends and seeing some who I haven't seen in a while. John it was great meeting both you and Brad and hope you can make the shoot in Wausau Brad said he'd consider driving up for the weekend if everything would work out for him. FRED it was great seeing you again and hope you stay in touch and try and make it to Wisconsin for the whitetail season your always welcome at my place. Barry & Gene what can I say I'm still not sure you can have that much fun and still be legal.

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2014, 04:57:00 PM »
Great reading....many thanks for sharing.  Haven't been able to hunt since 1st week in Nov...nice to start ready about some hunts at least.

:campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline habujohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2014, 06:13:00 PM »
Jim I talked to my wife about the Wausau shoot and she is all for it.  Would you PM me about details.  Barry I still get a smile on my face when I think of Fred telling his stories, even writing this I crack up.  Fred you are a hoot and I would love to do a gator hunt with you.
habujohn

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2014, 08:11:00 PM »
Great stories!!  Attaboy Fred!!!!!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2014, 09:26:00 PM »
Barry , I wish I could type as fast as some people think I talk , I'm a 2 finger man but I feel comfortable with the term "hunt and peck "
        Jim I would love to come out there and try my hand at those big Wisconsin whitetails . Finding the time might be tough but you never know .
       And John I usually go alligator hunting with my Son , Grandson and Son-in-law but that doesn't mean I can't go for a second one ,I go down to Florida in mid October for my Grandson's birthday and hunt the last week of the season as it goes out Nov. 1st . I've taken 3 the last 3 years .
       Great to hear from you Sean , you are all mended now I hope . I've got some really neat pictures on my camera but can't seem to get them to photobucket . I got this new computer and it's like I have to learn all over again .
      The story I posted was only the first day of a Great trip . Second day I went back to the same area with the hopes of getting Ray onto some javies . I spent the morning glassing over an area I overlooked the day before and seen several javies before noon . Ray had gone into the blind late morning so I decided get on the highest point and watch the excitement when it happened . The sun was shining and the wind was blowing a steady breeze and I laid back to enjoy it and woke up an hour and a half later . I can gert my best naps in the woods or in this case on the prairie . Much invigorated I decided to do some exploring . I followed a dry gulch up to it's head then crossed a ridge and followed another for a ways . I kept this up for about 4 hours and found some really neat if not useless stuff . I found what the guys at camp thought was a fossilized bone , 3 shed antlers , 2 from whitetails and 1 from a mulie , nothing big but neat all the same . A couple of horseshoes which might have some history . a really neat rock that looked like it may have been used for grinding grain as it was bowl shaped . Regettably it was too heavy to carry around but I made notes where it can be found again .I did take pictures of it though . I would like to get a pair of jack-ass donkeys and spend a few days wandering around out there with my bow and just look the country over and carry back all the crap I find . With the sun going down I headed back to check on Ray . I was heading for a ridge to sit and overlook the blind but when I got about 200 yards from the blind I heard a sound like a grunt - growl mix and knew Ray had connected . Coming down the ridge there was a ravine between the blind and the ridge . I could see Ray motioning for me to be on the lookout as his javie had run into the ravine . The ravines are the only place where the cover is thick and this one was one of the thickest . From here on in this is Ray's story . just let me say that looking for his javie I stumbled onto the skull and horns of some kind of antelope . of course I brought it back . Gene said it was an " Addick " Apparently there were 2 on the ranch and this one went missing a year or so ago and the other one only had one horn so they culled it . but the ranch being 42,000 acres what's the chances of finding it . On the way back to the truck I found another whitetail shed . A truly remarkable place , I'd love to go again .
       Hopefully my Daughter will stop by tomorrow and load these pics for me . Hope I'm not boring you with my ramblings , Fred
Greyfox54

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2014, 09:45:00 PM »
I love the stories Fred.  What a great hunt.  I feel as though I'm walking with ya.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline habujohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »
Fred there sure were a lot of sheds out there in the desert.  I found at least one a day in my travels including a mule deer shed that was very newly shed. Brad and I also found a full rack attached to a partial skull.  For a desert it was sure full of life.  Looking forward to seeing some of your pictures aka Howard Hill jr.
habujohn

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2014, 10:33:00 PM »
Congratulations on a fine javalina hunt and story Fred! Looking forward to seeing and hunting with you again in the future.
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline JIM FRANK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »
John,
  I tried emailing you and it didn't go through the shoot dates are August 9-10 in Wausau at the Rib Mountain Bowmen email me at [email protected] and then we can talk more.
Jim

Offline habujohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2014, 07:11:00 PM »
Jim not sure what happened but I did send you an email.
habujohn

Offline habujohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2014, 07:30:00 PM »
Jim I checked my profile page and see that I have not updated my email address since it was changed.  [email protected]
habujohn

Offline Wiley Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2014, 08:19:00 PM »
Great adventure!! Thanks for sharing with us!!!   :thumbsup:
Great Northern Bushbow
Super Shrew Delux
Talon Longbow
Chekmate Hunter Recurve

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Greyfox54

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2014, 08:43:00 PM »
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh80/dewalt1797/th_IMGP0012.jpg?t=1395864966  I must be dumber than I think , I had no problems with my old computer with xp but now I have windows 8 and it seems slower and more steps involved . Sorry
Greyfox54

Offline habujohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2014, 08:45:00 PM »
Fred what happened to that broadhead?  Is that the one you shot the javi in the head with?
John
habujohn

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2014, 08:48:00 PM »
Here ya go Fred.

"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2014, 09:06:00 PM »
Skitch how did you do that ?
Greyfox54

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter