3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Silvertip 3pc longbow or caribou peregrine?  (Read 266 times)

Offline Jeremy Gentry

• Trad Bowhunter
Silvertip 3pc longbow or caribou peregrine?
« on: March 19, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »
OK I am going to put in a new order for a bow I have never shot either but have a wolverine and really like it. I am wanting to up my draw weight to 70 at my draw length and also the over all length of the bow. I like the idea of being able to get different limbs for the silver tip if I ever wanted but also love the grip on my wolverine.  So my question to you guys is if you where going to pick out of these two what would you choose and why?
Thunderhorn  3 piece Heartstopper 60" 57# @ 28"

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Silvertip 3pc longbow or caribou peregrine?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »
Both great choices.  I have bows ordered from both of them right now.  You can't get extra limbs for the Wolverine.  The Silvertip you can.  The Silvertip comes in longer lengths.  It all depends on your specs and what's more important to you.  Cant go wrong with either bowyers.

Offline Bob Stager

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
Two good bows. You almost never see them up for sale. The Silvertip has a lot more mass and weight to it.  The peregine you can carry all day and not feel it.

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 10:32:00 PM »
Flip a coin!
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 11:17:00 PM »
I saw a caribow yesterday at Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear, don't know what model it was, but man was it a beauty, it wasn't 70lbs but it was up there in the 60's I think. I know it was to heavy for me to draw Might check it out, always save some coin buying used.  www.rmsgear.com    (sponsor)
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline tom cunningham

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 02:17:00 AM »
2 cents: The Silver Tip comes in both 1 and 3 piece out to 66" and both will have more mass than the same type Cari-bow Peregrine and Silver Fox which shoot more similar than the two Tips. The Cari-bow has more RD and seems zippier with my favorite beavertail grip. Longer wait on the Tips. Currently I have at least one of all the combinations mentioned and like them all.. By my own seat of the pants, the 64" Silver Fox in my wheelhouse will be the last to leave. Good Luck, Tom.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©