3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big Jim Broadhead?  (Read 341 times)

Offline KYFOXSTICK

• Trad Bowhunter
Big Jim Broadhead?
« on: March 24, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »
Just received some of these monster 1.5" 300g heads and I quickly realized that I'm going to have a hard time getting them into my quiver. I prefer a quiver mounted to my bow and I was just curious as to if anyone else had ran into this issue with them and how you best resolved it. Thx in advance and please include pics of your setup if possible

Thx
Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. -- President Thomas Jefferson

Offline -snypershot317-

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big Jim Broadhead?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 12:11:00 AM »
well i dont use them (yet  ;)  ) but ive always wanted too. ive heard nothing but good  from them so far, so please keep posted on how they work    :bigsmyl:
"Now then, get your weapons-your quiver and bow-and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me." ~Gen 27:3

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." ~Joshua 24:15b

Offline Boomerang

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 06:03:00 AM »
You probably only need one in your quiver. If you shoot it in the general direction of your animal, you will probably get it. LOL!

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 07:58:00 AM »
Give Jim a call he would probably be willing to talk to you.

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
Depends on what quiver you are using.  Not much different than putting a 160 grain snuffer in your quiver. They fit well in my large EFA quiver, but I don't remember the model. They also fit in a great northern quiver that I have.  Good luck.

Offline KYFOXSTICK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 09:04:00 AM »
Thx for the replies. I have a great northern and a 8 arrow tred barta and they both seem like they will have a issue with space...just one head seemed to what to touch the hood almost anywhere in the foam. I will talk with big Jim next weekend at ky trad fest and c what he recommends.

Only shot the heads for a few hours yesterday but they r impressive so far. Took be a minute to get them tuned but once I did they flew great. A well placed hit on a animal with these heads will probably never make it out of sight...the cut on these heads is superb. They seem plenty tuff and within a few minutes last night I had one shaving hair. A few weeks away from turkey season...hopefully I can get a o long beard close and c what they will do. Thx again
Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. -- President Thomas Jefferson

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 09:19:00 AM »
I doubt that they will work well with an 8 arrow quiver, but with 3-5 arrow quivers they fit for me.  Just have rotate the heads appropriately.  Good luck.  BTW, I never had the great northern full with them, so I don't know if all of the arrows could be Big 3's.  I can fit 4 big 3's in my EFA quiver, but it on of the larger/longer hooded versions.

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »
I carry 3 in a 5 arrow GN. Shouldnt need any more as Im just hunting, not starring in a western movie .............
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline KYFOXSTICK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 02:52:00 PM »
I agree but I do like to carry more than three arrows from past experiences. I used a 3 arrow quiver at the start of last deer season while hunting from my climber. I missed a turkey twice early in the afternoon and was left to hunt the remainder of the afternoon with one arrow. In a perfect world 3 arrows is plenty but we live in a far from perfect world. If all else fails I will tote my safari tuff.

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 07:41:00 PM »
I have no problem getting 4 of them in my medium quivers and 5 in my large quivers. You must plan out the placement, but they will fit.

thanks, bigkjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline KYFOXSTICK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 10:36:00 PM »
Thank you sir...I will try and get then in my great northern tomorrow. Thx for the replies.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©